iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cranberry beans

Started by bmill, February 21, 2009, 08:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmill

I'm always looking for something new to grow. I'm wondering if anybody here has tried to grow cranberry beans, and perhaps can offer some tips for success.
1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 - 34 - 55 - 89 - 144 - 233 - 377 - 610 - 987 - 1597 - 2584    Kubota L3400, Loader, Backhoe, 3 point tiller, Stihl MS 390, Very hard working wife!

sawguy21

??? First I have heard of them.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WH_Conley

We have grown them before. Sandy soil, had a good crop. Some of the best dried beans we ever had. Seem to have a little more methane to them than store bought beans.
Bill

Tom

So.......   What is a cranberry bean?

fishpharmer

http://www.csuchicoag.org/coascripts/News/scripts/displaydetails.asp?id=122

Might want to get in touch with these folks.

I learn something new everyday.  Usually here ;D 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

I looked them up too, apparently they are a reddish bean with ivory specs on them. Just a baking bean or however you like them cooked. We use "soldier" and "yellow eye" up here. I'ma  soldier bean man. It's a white bean and looks like a figure of a solder on the back of it in brown.

Use your imagination. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

I had to ask.  That always make me go look.  Now I know more about dry beans than I'll ever remember.

fishpharmer

Tom thats a cool link to beans.....or a gastrointestional arsenal ;D 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Take Beano and there will be no gas. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WH_Conley

Wouldn't be no fun then. :D
Bill

Tom

Beans, beans, the musical fruit.
The more you eat, the more you toot
The more you toot, the better you feel
so eat Beans.... beans for every meal.    ;D

Thank You Sponsors!