iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer resaw?

Started by sawyerkirk, August 02, 2003, 12:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawyerkirk

A while back someone posted some pictures of a resaw he had built that fit on his woodmizer, I think it was on forestry forum, but it may have been on that "other" site, any thoughts as to where they are, I looked and can't seem to find them.

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer makes the Multihead re-saw.

And it makes a re-saw attachment that will fit the LT30/40 mills.

But maybe you were thinking of something that Arky had put together using a counter top or something.  I couldn't find the picture either.   If he posted it on the "other aHum forum",  it's probably off the bottom and gone.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sawyerkirk

Hey Bibby,Big fire over you way at Rolla last week, MJ Smith burnt everything but the debarker. I'll keep looking for the message about the resaw. I think it was titled, "My resaw"

Bibbyman

Here is the thread where Arky talks about his Arky-built re-saw.  No picture.

Resawing with a Wood-Mizer

We went past there on our spring trip south.  The Wood-Mizers were in another building.  All but the debarker?  Man, what a loss.  Reminds us all to keep a fire extinguisher handy.
Sawing since '94

Kevin_H.

on our way back from dallas we saw a mill on fire, right on I44, must have been it, fire dept wasnt even there yet, had just made it thur the roof, how sad to see someone's liveyhood going up like that!

It looked like everyone had already gone home for the day
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Bibbyman

You wonder if it got into the log inventory.  When we were by there last spring, I'd bet they had 5 or more acers of walnut logs piled as his as the loader could reach.  Noble is closer,  maybe he heard more details.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Bibb,

Are you sure you're talking about the same business?  Royce Smith is the Walnut guy with the big Woodmizer.  His address is Success,  Mo.  

In any case,  I havn't heard anything about it.  
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

Oh yea.  Ol' Fart's disease strikes again. Still a shame.
Sawing since '94

sawyerkirk

Most of what they cut are 2x4's and cants, was a pretty high production operation, it will be interesting to see how they rerbuild, I know they were pouring concrete and had new machinery arriving soon. I guess the fire happened shortly after everyone left for the day, Mary Jane (MJ) told me she called her layer first to have him read her insurance policy, the her insurance agent! She said they would be operational in 4 weeks.

woodchip

I have one of them thangs for sale,can check it out in the for sale section.Have a nice day all!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

sawyerkirk

I looked at the woodmizer produced resaw. unfortunately it won't do what I need, I need to rip down 1.5"x8's into 1.5x1.5's  I spent some time yesterday and built a thing similar to Arky's only I used rollers for the boards to slide on, it worked pretty well, but I am going to add the power feed on   today . I don't like my hands that close to the blade!.

Tom

Sounds like you're after a "Gang Saw".

Bibbyman

When we need to rip down a bunch of stuff like survey stakes or stickers,  we just set 8-12 of them on edge on the mill and go to it.  Looks like that would be a lot easier than pushing them through any resaw - even if it had power feed.  
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!