iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poulan PRO pole saw

Started by Larry, February 14, 2009, 04:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

First I've never even had the slightest desire to own a pole saw.  But with our recent ice storm I've tired quite quickly from standing in the tractor bucket to cut a limb.  So...a quick search found differing thoughts.  I went with the Poulan Pro.

The first thing I noticed was the big black letters on the first page of the instruction manual. For Occasional Use Only.  At the same time it has a two year warranty.  Second item noticed was the saw head appeared cheaply made.

For a new saw it started well but wouldn't come up to full speed for quite a while.  It does what it's supposed to do just fine.  Acceleration of the engine is very slow.  The manual says only the idle speed is adjustable and the jets need some kind of secret special tool for adjustment. Thought I would get a gallon of gas through it before I tinkered with it.

So...it's perfect for me...I hate using the DanG thing (or any pole saw) and believe me I will observe there rule of occasional use only...in fact I may go one step further and make it occasional use only in emergency.  Actually it may have made more sense for me to hire it done...but I'm just not wired that way.  If I wanted one for more than occasional use this is certainly not the brand I would choose.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Al_Smith

I kind of  got in a lengthy discussion concerning the same polesaw  on this forum some time ago .

This is as stated for occasional use certainly not a professional quality tool by a long shot .

That said though ,they do work .I've got one and it's saved me getting out a ladder many a time . I had to retune the carb after I got it but other that that it does okay after it warms up providing you don't push it too hard . Well truth be known you can't push it too hard as it doesn't produce that much power .

All it is is a weed wacker engine,a flex shaft and an 8" micro saw head .

D._Frederick

I have a fixed shaft length Husqvarna that I use for everything. It will cut anything that I can reach from brambles, limbs, and even small firewood. It is a very handy tool.

rebocardo

One of the handiest things I use a pole saw for is when I am lowering big limbs to a house roof and want to cut the limb into smaller pieces to drop onto the roof as I am lowering it.  I have gotten a lot of use out of my electric Remington for sure.

Thank You Sponsors!