iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What Next? House Stealing

Started by HOOF-ER, February 11, 2009, 10:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOOF-ER

I saw this and thought I had seen it all.  ::)

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1029298

It would stink to have to pay to get your own property deeded back! :(
Home built swing mill, 27hp Kawasaki

WH_Conley

Talk about brass. Could get real ugly, depending on the legal owners state of mind and temperment.
Bill

Tom

I don't understand why it cost the owner $4000 to "get her house back."   She didn't sell it. She made no contracts with re-modelers. She incurred no mortgages.  The sole liability lies on the thieves.  If anyone is a victim, the thieves are their source of retribution.

HOOF-ER

Tom , most of the time I think the innocent pays. I'm sure "if" she can get any money from the thieves she will recoup? Money magically disappears. :-X
I really don't know how you would keep this from happening. My county is court house is good , don't know if they would catch this scam though. >:(

WH_Conley

I beleive they said "attorney fees" didn't they? How would a "mechanics lein" from the contracter apply in a case like this? I agree with you Tom, but I am not up on the legal stuff either.
Bill

fishpharmer

Thats lower than a snakes belly.  I can't believe the property owner had to pay either.  Lawyer fees or not.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

tcsmpsi

Since the deed was transferred, technically she no longer owned the property.  For the property to be transferred to her, I'm certain, technically, all the regular property transfer requirements of that jurisdiction had to be met.

A 'headache' at the least for the system.  And certainly, the victim.  However, through PA's Attorney General's office, she might be able to receive some special victim compensation.  In time. 

Some of her legal fees may have gone, or may go, to bringing civil suit of the perpetrator(s), if there is anything available to reasonably sue for. 

At least, from what little information I got from the piece, that's what I would consider.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

ely

it cost me 21 bucks to get my land deeded back to me after the devorce. i thought that was a bargain ;D

SwampDonkey

Must be a video eh? I waited for about a minute and had to close. I haven't got that kind of patience. :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HOOF-ER

Sorry Swamp, I didn't think about you slow modem challenged members.  :D
Basically these people look for property that shows little to no signs of life.
They  show and sell the property like it is their own. Forge the owners signatures and
legally transfer the deed to a new unsuspecting owner. I could see this happening with landowners really easy! :-\

Tom

QuoteForge the owners signatures and
legally transfer the deed

That's one of the faults of the logic.  It (the deed) can't be "legally" transferred if the real owner isn't doing it or the courts aren't involved in taking it away from the legal owner.

Those creeps that are forging signatures should be the first to be hit for retribution, followed by long prison sentences and further blacklisting. The recording agencies should be required to return the property to the legal owner in the same or better state as when it was misrecorded, with no financial, or other, repercussions. Any further victimization should be handled in the courts with no involvement being required by the legal owner.

We have Title Insurance in Florida to protect an owner from faulty Title searches.  There is no way that a proper owner of a piece of property should be in jeopardy of having it stolen.  Even eminent domain proceedings are supposed to imburse for fair market value.

rebocardo

> Those creeps that are forging signatures should be the first to be hit for retribution,
> followed by long prison sentences and further blacklisting.

Me being a Christian and all that and only having the death penalty for 1st degree murderers and rapists, sometimes I think the only proper response when doing horrible things like that to someone's life on purpose, like stealing their house, is to just kill the felons.   >:(

Thank You Sponsors!