iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mechanicsville Va. area

Started by TexasTimbers, February 10, 2009, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

I used the find-a-sawyer but know not everyone remembers to register. Anyone near Mech'ville interested in sawing some hickory logs let me know. Only 8 to 10 logs.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

MartyParsons

Send me an e-mail with the zip code and we will get you a WM owner.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

TexasTimbers

WoodMiller

Which of the 4 Mechanicsville, Virginias are you looking at?

If it's near Richmond, it's a ways out for me (65 miles) but I could help if you can't locate anyone else.

WoodMizer LT40 Superhydraulic LT40HDD51

SwampDonkey

Kinda like the 3 Centrevilles in NB. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

peter nap

Quote from: TexasTimbers on February 10, 2009, 12:48:13 PM
I used the find-a-sawyer but know not everyone remembers to register. Anyone near Mech'ville interested in sawing some hickory logs let me know. Only 8 to 10 logs.

According to Woodmizer there is one in Mechanicsville and one in Ashland (10 miles) couldn't get the one in Mechanicsvile but will PM the one in Ashland. They're a bunch in Richmond.

MaddiesDad

I've got a contact in Richmond (well just outside of Richmond, east).  Let me know if you need his info.  Really awesome person, he's one of those people that define the wood products industry

TexasTimbers

zip is 23111 so anyone interested PM

ARKANSAWYER

OK I have to ask.  Why does a guy in Texas need a hickory log sawed in Virginia?  We have hickories in Arkansas and alot closer.  I know Texans do things in a big way but that is on the other side of the Mississippi River. :o
ARKANSAWYER

peter nap

OOOPs....scratch what I said in the PM about Beech. I could have sworn you said beech. Old age sucks! :-X

TexasTimbers

Arky, it's real simple. A lady in Cauliflower  who ordered some wood from me, made a doo-hickie of some sort and sent it to her saster in Flurdidia. The saster's husband's brother and wife was down from Verginny and seen the wood. They wanted to know where it came from. They found out. When they went home they ordered some from me.

Eventiually their neighbor seen he wood. The neighbor went to my website which must say Texas in there some 5 times. But he didn't order wood he wanted to know if I could cut some hickory logs for him. I said I might be able to, if I could borrow someone's mill close to him in Virginny, and if they wouldn't mind operating it for me since I was down here.

I don't know how come you couldn't figger that out all on your own though.  :-\

Meadows Miller

Gday

Texas That ones happend alot to me in the past   ;)
when i was doing alot of recycled timber :) the biggest cart was about 3000 miles from Perth to the mill in Melbourne then another 1200 miles th the costomer in Brisbane  :o :) :) Ive had people sent logs and timber from places in Qld ,Nsw and Sa down to me i mill what they want or what i could get out of it them send it back to them the longest on those jobs was 1400 miles each way when i asked them wether they wanted me to find some one up their way to do it they just said the cartage was small part of the cost and that theyd prefer to get me to do it (at my old rate of $1.10 a bft ) as they where told i was  the only bloke to see if the wanted a top job done  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) my only rules where that it had to Clean/free of metal of good or better quality and atleast 1 semi load pref 2+ loads to get a better cartage rate as it costs roughly $3.50 a mile for a round trip and about half that for backload rates one way  ;)

You should have No Dramas with finding a Nice Orange Machine to do the job up there  mate ;) They  have built enough of em  ;) You'd almost have one in every town by now Marty  ;) :D ;D ;D ;)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Wudman

Fireman Ed is just back to the west of there.  He or his father may be able to help you out.
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

TexasTimbers

It's been taken care of thanks all.

ARKANSAWYER

Well I just about had it figured but the Floridia part messed me up.  Some times a feller hast to wonder how he finds one's self is such deals.  Glad to know I am not the only one who slips into these messes.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!