iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Air and Ag Show; Good or bad idea?

Started by bmill, February 09, 2009, 11:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmill

Looking for a few opinions on an idea I've got. My Air Guard unit is putting on an Air Show this summer. It is always a free event and we'll have most every type of military airplane on display.

KC-135, C-17, C-130, C-5 (probably), F-16, F-15, B-52 (probably), AWAC, KC-10, A-10, Harrier, F-4, F-18, B-2 (Fly-by only), some helicopters, etc...

For something a bit different, I was thinking about inviting several area Ag / Industrial dealers down to put some of their "big toys" on display. Thought it might be kind of neat to see military hardware and big ag / industrial stuff all displayed together.

This will be in Sioux City, Iowa so we are a very ag heavy community.  Does an Air / Ag / Industrial show sound fun, or should I stick to planes only? I've had my fair share of bad ideas, so if this stinks, let me know. About 70% of my team thinks it's a great idea while the rest think I'm crazy.

I'd like to hear from the forum as this is a great cross section of folks, and get your opinions.
1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 - 34 - 55 - 89 - 144 - 233 - 377 - 610 - 987 - 1597 - 2584    Kubota L3400, Loader, Backhoe, 3 point tiller, Stihl MS 390, Very hard working wife!

Norm

I can't think of anything that would entice me to drive to SUX more than big ag equipment and cool aircraft!

So do FF members get rides. ;D

ErikC

Kids and grownups agree, nothing beats military aircraft and heavy equipment. I'd go.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Tom

I think it is a great idea. You might even invite some of the private custom sawyers to show off their mills and wares.

Depending on the size of the show, some loggers may bring skidders, Feller/bunchers and semi's.  That's along with inviting the dealers.

I like the idea.

Don_Papenburg

Sounds good to me also .  Never hearts to have a variety of things to look at.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

bull

We have our town fair on the ground of our local Airport, The fly boys have a large booth and display area, sell T shirts promote the flying school and soaring club we also have helicopter rides..
We have to shut the runway down so no airplane flights, but the weekend after the fair the Airport is a blur withe the soaring club " Glidders" everywhere, folks wanting to find out if what they heard was true etc .... I think it would be a good mix...

york

Albert

Thank You Sponsors!