iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where and how much does Cypress logs cost

Started by just_sawing, February 08, 2009, 07:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

I am wondering what cypress logs run and how close would they be to Middle TN.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

just_sawing

I understand that I am probably going to have to go to LA or GA but I need to know where a log yard is that has cypress
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

LeeB

Try a search for member cypress man. He should be able to help you out.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

pineywoods

There's 2 ff members here in north la that saw mostly cypress. They both buy logs directly from the loggers.  Don't know of any log yards. What are your needs ? Both these guys are ff members but aren't very active. Drop me a pm and I can put you in touch.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

ljmathias

Maybe Frank Lad will jump in on this- he had built a timberframe with cypress and I believe he got it all from Franks Sawmill and his website is frankssawmill.com and he's in south-central Mississippi:

Frank's Sawmill

531 Oil Well Road

Ovett, MS 39464

whereever Frank Lad got his from, he said it was a great deal...

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

schmism

there is a lot of cypress in and round realfoot lake.  Far northwest corner of TN.
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

LOGDOG

How much do you need there Just_Sawing?

LOGDOG

Thank You Sponsors!