April 3-4 2009
Close to me in Watkins Glenn so I'll be there
http://nefpexpo.net/

Jim
Have a great day

york

Albert

Jeff

Moved to shows and events board and added to the Forestry Forum Calendar. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

moosehunter

Bert,
Let me know when your going, maybe I can hitch a ride.

mike
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

twobears

i,am going to try and make it. i,am really wondering what the weather will be tho up here it can still be full blown winter.

delbert

MaddiesDad

Isn't this the first time it's there?  I'm debating between this one and the one in Bangor, leaning towards the Bangor one

Maineloggerkid

Im gonna go to the one in Bangor. What does it cost to get in anyway??
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

thecfarm

Nothing.Go to this thread and their is a link to the show. Make sure you get the Maine one.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,35903.0.html

You can register early and get in free.that's what I do.Quicker to get in too.Last year there was a paying line to get in and nothing for the one with a badge.Make sure you go.Don't let work get in the way.It's always a great time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maineloggerkid

THats cool, thanks. A great expo and free entry. 8)
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

MaddiesDad

moosehunter

I had to feel sorry for the companies and people that worked this show. Friday we did not go but heard attendence was poor due to heavy rains. I am 15 miles from the show site and it poured most of the day here.
Saturday we went in the am. The wind at times was blowing 20 mph or so. That was the calm times. Other times we had trouble standing upright in the wind. All this with 40 deg temps. It couldn't have been much fun to have to be out in that all day. We made it until 11:30 am and left.

It was cool to see all those neat toys though!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

jdtuttle

My Brother Bill & I went Friday. Lots of cool stuff. I bought a box of blades from woodmizer. No shipping & 15% off. We got wet looking around outside but it was worth it. Too bad the weather didn't coperate though.
Have a great day

PAFaller

Ya I went up on Friday, not going to lie was rather disappointed.  I started out my career in New England so have attended both the Maine and Vermont shows, and must say those two are a lot bigger, and have a lot more stuff. I was shocked to see only two lending firms and one insurance company. Also only saw one whole tree chipper. All this talk of biomass and only one machine to process it. Titan brought in a truck and real nice live bottom trailer but had to park it out of the way and almost out of sight because it wouldnt fit on show grounds. I also noticed that what was there for equipment was either really really big or too small for me to consider production equipment. There was a new 548GIII and a tigercat cable machine so that was nice, usually that stuff doesnt even make it to the northern shows, but everything else was huge.
  Also got a doom and gloom vibe, rightfully so with the markets the way they are. However, even the folks that represent the two states timber industry had little to say about any new plants or projects. I figured with the talk of all this money floating around there would be pellet mills opening, ethanol plants coming on-line. something!! Instead the weather, the atmosphere, and the attitude was all around dismal in my book.
It ain't easy...

Thank You Sponsors!