iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saturday fun, turning telephone poles into shelves video. Lt 70

Started by MikeH, February 08, 2009, 09:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

We're making shelves out of big cedar telephone poles for charity clothes closet.
http://www.facebook.com/v/64435835931

ellmoe

Looking good! Come on down, I need to build some shelves myself. It's a lot warmer here in Florida. Besides , it looks like you'all can go from logs to shelves in less than 5 minutes. You'd be done with what I need in "two scoops of a sawdust shovel". :D

Thanks for posting. Other people working fascinates me. I could watch it for hours! I learned that from my employees! ;D

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Sprucegum

8) I`m glad you took the camera out of the loader - I was getting prettty dizzy  smiley_mad_crazy
Will the shelves be getting a finish put on

tstex

Mike,

My wife, 2 daughters [6 & 9] & I were facinated by the whole process.  I called them in from watching a video to show them...after they saw it, they said "show us so more".  They now know the real meaning of wood and its capabilities.

BTW, where is Hastings Mr?

Great video - tstex

Captain

Don K

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

TinMan

MikeH

Thanks for the nice replies, they will be going in without a finish to keep the cedar aroma.

Thank You Sponsors!