iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS-250 chain adjuster - how to change ?

Started by rebocardo, February 04, 2009, 11:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebocardo

MS-250 chain adjuster, how do you change it? My tree climber got the saw stuck and yanked on the saw and broke the adjuster's post. I have a new one, but, I can not figure out how to get the bar adjuster off the adjuster screw.

I thought removing the plastic tab on the end of the screw and unscrewing it all the way would  have it roll off the end, but, it does not. It stops short and feels like it binds up.

Is there a way to lift the whole assembly out? I have been resisting the urge   ;)   to pry up on everything because it feels attached.

Thanks.

sablatnic

I normally cut the tube with a slant cut. (1/2" to 3/4"). Then put a stiff wire down through the little hole and out the refuelling-hole. Thread the tube onto the wire, and let the wire guide the tube out the hole, and catch the end of it with a tong. I have succeded till now :-)

sablatnic

Hi! Sorry! I have sent the correct answer to the wrong guy. Sorry!

About the chain-adjuster. As far as I remember, it is possible to just pull the whole caboodle out. I can check it tomorrow at work. Haven't got a 250 here.
Just tell me here, if need be.

Sab

rebocardo

You would think it was, seems stuck to me.

rebocardo

Well, I do not know the "official" way, but, here is how I did it. Undo the torx screw under the adjuster, remove the plastic wedge at the end of the adjuster, unscrew the adjuster all the way off the screw. Bend the screw slightly upwards pulling the adjuster off, then push another one on the end and use a flat tip to get it back into the depression. Then pushing on the adjuster, turn the screw so it seats.

sablatnic

I am glad, that you did succeed. The only 250 we had at work today had quick tightning. And Stihl's site was down. Wouldn't let me in.
And my computer died yesterday.:-(
I have had to put something together from odd bits, to get on the net today.

Thank You Sponsors!