Texas Fires, a visual

Started by Texas Ranger, April 28, 2011, 12:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Bobus2003

Pretty Impressive, Wish we could get our engines sent down their

Woodhauler

Its not impressive,its s shame! Sorry for the people who lost there lives and the ones who lost homes and property! Hope they get rain soon!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Burlkraft

WOW....Those are some sobering pictures.

Thanks for posting TR.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Texas Ranger

nativewolf

Everywhere needs more burning, especially the SW, good to see them using some prescribed burns.  These are not areas where the scrub woodlands produces much timber, it is normal for there to be fires.  
Liking Walnut

Texas Ranger

Native Wolf, not when it is wild and one million acres.

Southside

Tremendous loss of livestock and property, not a benefit to anyone. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WhitePineJunky

TR, is that after photo on your land? Hope you never got hit. 

nativewolf

TR - it sure is a massive amount of land.  It's good that there seemed to be some local expertise on prescribed burning.  Best of luck, good to see the grass remerging already, it happens really quickly after a fire.  
Liking Walnut

Texas Ranger

Not taking credit for any photos, all public sources.  As an old firedog this fire had me on the edge of my seat, even 8 hours away.  Worse fire, size wise, I was on was 1800 acres I fire bossed from 1500 feet up.  Worse fire for danger was less than 500 acres that crowned out and had us hustling for a while.  Crown fires were rare in Texas and would get your blood pumping. The million-acre fire was mostly range/brush land, still killed (I think) 3 folks and hundreds of head of cattle, destroyed hundreds of structures, and pretty much stayed out of developed areas. Fire does restart plant development, but at a cost when uncontrolled, cattle fodder being shipped in till green up.

Thank You Sponsors!