iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oil breather tube

Started by bandmiller2, February 04, 2009, 07:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Inside the oil tank [can't spell resavour]theirs a tube, white plastic, that goes from the tank to the bar adjusting screw area is this just to vent the tank.?? If so should the end be at the top of the oil tank.No wonder they weep oil.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sablatnic

You are right. It is the breather-tube. It should be at the top.
Stihl nrmally use a valve.

Dave Shepard

That's the one part I left out on my rebuild, and it sure did leak then. :D I shoved it in from the outside, and it curled around somewhere in the depths of the tank. I got a bottom end off of ebay, and the tube is over by the oil cap. Don't think it matters where it is. It is such a fine tube that it can't siphon oil out through the oil pump. Most any saw I've ever seen leaks some. I had a screw vibe out of the muffler bracket, that lets the oil flow too. ::) At present, it's fairly drip free.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

bandmiller2

Dave ,every husky I've owned drooled oil,always lay them on the side caps up,it improves their cab manners.No reason you can't push that breather tube in from the outside.Mine had a tension pin pushed into the end to make it tighter in the hole.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!