iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvester Portable Sawmill

Started by True North, February 03, 2009, 10:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True North

We are buying a Timber Harvester mill with Hydraulics.  I know they went out of business.  Does anyone know who offers parts/service.  I think it is a 1996 or 1997. 

Any suggestions??

Thanks

fstedy

Welcome aboard True North. I'm sure someone will come along with some suggestions for you. What part of the country are you from?
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

york

Hi there,

Ken Couser and he they are from PA

will pm you with more details

Bert

OK-i see you have your e-mail address hidden and i do not think,i am allowed to post Ken Couser web address...You should unhide it..
Albert

bandmiller2

TN,I have never own a T. harvestor but have worked around one, in my opinion they are the full equal of some of the better known mills.They were a small company which means built from available components and weldments.You should have little trouble finding components on the open market.Someone will be along with the name of the guy that took over parts.Good luck ,welcome and enjoy your mill.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

True North

Quote from: fstedy on February 03, 2009, 11:18:09 PM
Welcome aboard True North. I'm sure someone will come along with some suggestions for you. What part of the country are you from?

Thanks,

I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan just south of Sault Ste. Marie.  I see you are from NJ.  How long have you been sawing?

Brad_S.

One of our sponsors, RalphV of Carolina Machinery Sales (CMS) used to work for TH and has said on the forum that he can still get you parts for them. See the link to the left.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

RalphV

Hi True North,

Welcome to the forum.  Yes, we can assist you in getting parts for your machine.  Please let me know what you are looking for.  You can post it on the forum or hit the link on the left to CMS.  My number and email is available on the website.

Ralph
Always looking for good used equipment!  Like to talk machines...I am in!

fstedy

:) :D :o sawing for 5 years part time, its addictive and I love it.  :o ;D :)
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Welcome to the forum pull up a pack n  smiley_gossip any time you have come to the rite place Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8)

Ralph would be the bloke to go to  ;) ;D as he is one of our sponsors and it supports the forum  ;) ;D 8) 8) 8)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

thecfarm

True North,welcome to the forum.Less than a day and you have your worries all answered and the help you need.That's what's makes the FF such a great place.
Is this your first mill?Been sawing long?Doing this to make money,hobby?Have your own wood? Just like to know.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

True North

Quote from: thecfarm on February 05, 2009, 08:17:10 AM
True North,welcome to the forum.Less than a day and you have your worries all answered and the help you need.That's what's makes the FF such a great place.
Is this your first mill?Been sawing long?Doing this to make money,hobby?Have your own wood? Just like to know.

thecfarm,

You said it.  This is amazing to be in contact with such knowledgable and helpful people from all over the world.  We really appreciate everyone responding.  It has been very helpful, and we are getting the saw next weekend.  This will be our first mill.  A friend had it and did some sawing for me several years ago and I loved it.  Then he moved a year ago, and his saw is still up here so he is selling it to my Dad and I.  My dad is retiring in a couple of years and we want to build a business, so if anyone has suggestions on how to get started on the right foot, I'm all ears.  Once again, thanks for all of the tips, and I will be checking in again soon.

Thank You Sponsors!