Contest

Started by Tam-i-am, February 03, 2009, 07:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

In honor of our 5th Anniversary, we wanted to have some fun and thank the Forestry Forum and its members for their continued support.

Over the years, we have been given different things from different members we have met at shows and of course the pig roasts.  So for our contest you will need to identify the FF members who gave us the 13 items in the pictures below.  (The pictures are in no particular order so that won't give you any clues.)

Here are the rules:

1- you must be a FF member
2- you must use the member's log-in name
3- you must instant message me (Tamiam) your answers
4- you must have your answers or guesses to me by Friday, February 20, 2009

Winners will be drawn from all the entries submitted.

The first place winner of my contest will win a 60" cant hook or peavey, a funny LogRite tshirt* from Arborwear and a pair of LogRite driver gloves. 

The second place winner will win a funny LogRite tshirt from Arborwear and a pair of LogRite driver gloves.

The third place winner will win a funny LogRite tshirt from Arborwear.

*(these tshirts are sure to be classics but I can't tell you what they say until later)

Here are a few things to consider:
-you can use a members log-in name more than once
-if the item is from a couple I will accept either name or both
-looking through posts of the pig roasts may help
-feel free to ask questions on this thread because members may be willing to offer some help in the form of clues

I have one small disclaimer - if you are outside of the US you will be responsible for shipping and customs charges.

I hope you have fun!
Tammy

#1 pig shaped cutting board was given to us from Larry

#2 wooden dinosaur puzzles  given to us by WV_Hillbilly

#3 pencil cant hook from ISawLogs

#4 turkey call given to us by Jeff but would accept Wildflower, Dogmanpete

#5 wooden pen and pencil set - WV_Hillbilly

#6 a geode that I can't wait to open but have to figure out how - One with Wood when he gave us a tour of his property

#7 wooden name plates and yes we have another one that says NESLRite but I couldn't find it on Kevin's desk in time for the photo ;D - WV_Hillbilly

#8 chunk of redwood - Jeff or Wildflower

#9 bag of antler grow - Dogmanpete

#10 WoodMizer 25th Anniversary Tour Truck Model  - Sparks

#11 Rust Reaper - MikeP of course

#12 hand made walking stick (sorry I can't figure out how to rotate picture) - made and given by Jeff

#13 shaper jig - Captain

Good luck!

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Tam-i-am

Jeff

thanks for fixing my picture

Did you want to give them a clue? 8)

Tammy

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Jeff

Quote from: Tamiam on February 04, 2009, 08:27:34 AM
Jeff

thanks for fixing my picture

Did you want to give them a clue? 8)

Tammy

A clue about what?  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tam-i-am

some of us are very ambitious.  I got a reply that said he did a lot of searching and was able to find the answers.  Not only did he give me the answers but told me where he was able to find some of the answers.

I will say it again - many of these items were given to us at different pig roasts.

Jeff - I think just the fact that you could give a clue about some of these is probably a clue enough for now.

Jeff

Well, I'll be ready if needed for those people without a clue.  :)

pigman

That would be me. ::)    ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

oakiemac

Count me in among the clueless.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Jeff

Ok, here is a clue.  I might possibly be responsible for at least one of the wooden objects.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff on February 04, 2009, 01:45:15 PM
A clue about what?  :D

What?

Pay attention, that teacher might ask questions later. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tam-i-am

Okay,  you really aren't looking for that many people.  two of the gift givers are each responsible for 3 items.  So that means you have to come up with 9 members.

This is easier than you think.

Tammy

Tam-i-am

Jeff

Actually all of yours are wood.  And the other major contributor's are all wood too!

So 6 of the 7 wooden objects belong to only 2 people.

Tammy

Radar67

Ahhh, there are 8 wooden objects.  ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Tam-i-am

wood things - cutting board, puzzles, turkey call, pen set, signs, redwood chunk, and walking stick

you can make it 8 and include the pencil cant hook if you want then 6 of the 8 are from 2 people. 

Radar67 - I'm surprised you are still hanging around here - you have already entered and did a great job.  Maybe you want to help out some of your friends by giving them a clue.

Tammy

Radar67

I'm still checking in. Now, if I start giving clues to my answers, I may not get that hook.  :D :D :D

I will say that it is possible to get the answers from searching old posts, most of them anyways. Some of them you have to do a little reading between the lines.  ;)

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

isawlogs

Sheeshh seams so long ago I made that .....  :) 

Quote from: Tamiam on February 08, 2009, 01:02:48 PM
Okay,  you really aren't looking for that many people.  two of the gift givers are each responsible for 3 items.  So that means you have to come up with 9 members.
Tammy

Quote from: Tamiam on February 08, 2009, 07:01:20 PM
wood things - cutting board, puzzles, turkey call, pen set, signs, redwood chunk, and walking stick
you can make it 8 and include the pencil cant hook if you want then 6 of the 8 are from 2 people. 
Tammy

So If I know two of the 13  and those two 2 gave 4 and I still need to find who gave 9 to make it 13 and one gave 3 ..  I still need to find 6 ... no I would be looking for 7 ......    rite  ???    :P  I dont need to help in getting lost ...  :D

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Radar67

Just to let everyone know, I'm not trying to be selfish, I got a plan for that hook if I get it. (unless it is a special anniversary labeled hook) If that is the case, I have a back up plan.  ;)

Now a question, am I reading this right? ...

QuoteWinners will be drawn from all the entries submitted.

Tam-i-am

Radar67 - yes I guess that is what I wrote and will have to honor that.  So this contest is really about having fun now!

Marcel - thanks for the tip.  I'm not sure anyone can decipher that one, including you. :D

Radar67

Okay, for fun, 04 will help out.

Tam-i-am

Radar67

I'm sorry but I promise not to give your plan away entirely  ;) but when I heard about it I was overwhelmed.  It seems to me that not only is the forum a great place for finding information and the help you need but it is like a big family and everyone seems to look out for one another.  This is not the first time that we have been approached to organize or help the members help out fellow members. I have read other posts about other members helping others out too, not to mention one of the Christmas contests.  I guess what I am trying to say is that the generosity of the members on this forum continues to impress me.

Tammy

isawlogs

:-\  Told ya I was easy to lose ....  :P

Ok .. If you all look at Kevin's office pikchures , ya might find a clue or two .  ;D   

Marcel hewholoseshimselfeasily.  ;D  Andcanconfusesomeevenquicker  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DouginUtah

I, for sure, know one. 2004 Pig Roast gift by [sent by email].  :D

Actually, #11 is pretty easy to figure out also.

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

WV_hillbilly

That is a  reallly nice looking collection of items  . Tammy do you actually write with that set in #5 ?  They look like they were made by the same person who made  half a checkers set for a guy in Michigan  .
Hillbilly

WV_hillbilly

I'll bet some of those were made on a Dewalt 788 saw with some 5" blades
Hillbilly

Tam-i-am

Dan

I must say you are quite the detective because you are correct.

Tammy