iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bob Hope

Started by Larry, July 28, 2003, 07:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

I saw a Bob Hope show in the Vietnam "conflict" and Dad saw him a couple of times in WW-2.  He brought a great deal of laughter for a few hours in dismal settings.  Girls were pretty nice to.

Sorry to see of his passing and my hat is off to a great man for his hard work.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Tom

I hate to see him go too.  I guess a hundred isn't too bad.

He falls in line with another clown that I admired, Red Skelton.  Bob and Red both worked their craft without the profanity that comics today think are necessary.  I don't remember them being mean or politically violent either. When either was on the radio or TV it was family time.  I still get a kick out of the "on the road" movies.

Did you know Bob was a boxer?

sawwood

I missed his show when i was in Vietnam, sure wish i had
 seen him. I liked him and Red a lot, we will all miss how
 they made you forgit you troubles.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Jeff

I listened to an hour retrospective on PBR today. Bob said the girls were there to help remind the guys what they were fighting for.

Favorite Bob hope movies?

7 little foys and fancy pants. Always liked  Bob Hope with Lucille Ball. Favorie Lucille Ball movie was with desi. I think it was called the long, long trailer.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

I hated to hear that Bob Hope died. It's a different world without him, Jack Benny, Red Skelton, Jack Lemon, Walter Mathau, Jimmy Stewart, Lucy Arnez and some others. They brought a lot of humor, and good character into our lives. It's hard to find an entertainer today that can come close to them.    
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

.......and Roy Rogers, Johnny Mac Brown, Gene Autry, Rex Allen and Wild Bill Elliot.  Heroes all. ;D

the guy that played Mr. Peepers, Wally Cox and one of my favorites William Bendix from Life of Riley.  

Yep, there are a bunch that I'll miss and it looks like will never be replaced.

EZ

I like all of the above and miss them all, but my favorite dude was, John Wayne.
EZ

Mark M

John Wayne - now your talking! He was one kick-ass American. 8)

I liked Bob Hope too and just saw a show about him not too long ago when it was his birthday. He was one funny guy, almost as funny as dat Noble fella :D

Mark

Haytrader

sawwood,

Was that Christmas time 1969 by any chance when ya missed Bob Hope's show? I was new in country at that time and didn't feel comfortable about jumping in the back of a duce and a half and so I missed his show too.

Jeff,

You are right about the movie The Long Long Trailer. Just a couple Sundays ago I was watching some thing on TV that showed  how the camper/travel trailer industry evolved. It was very interesting and showed a clip of that movie and said that at the time Lucy and Desi's trailer was the longest one made.
Haytrader

pigman

Haytrader;   Bob Hope was at Camp Eagle , near Hue, at Christmas 1969. Since I was at L Z Sally and very short, I didn't want to make the trip either. :( :'(

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

dail_h

Jackie Gleason and Kaptain Kangaroo,now why did I think of that
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Percy

Read a newspaper article about Bob Hope being sued by one of the hotel chains years ago when I was a kid. One of the  lines in his comedy routine was "At my hotel, the ceilings are so low, even the rats are humpbacked."  :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!