iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Super Bowl XLIII

Started by Warbird, February 01, 2009, 05:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

Here we go!  Kick off is in a few and the guests should be arriving soon.  I am rooting for the Cardinals.  Listening to the pre-game talk, it sounds like the Cards are the underdogs?  How about you guys?  Who do you want to see win it?

Dan_Shade

i give the pre game 2 thumbs down

I tried to watch it twice, turned it off after 5 minutes both times.

I think it will be a good game
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Maineloggerkid

Well, that singer pretty much butchered the national anthem. :-\ They can never find a singer that can sing it right. Not for the NFL, NASCARor anything. >:(
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

cheyenne

I'll take the points & the under 8) 8) Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

sawmilllawyer

Watching it now, I for the Cardinals. Yes, they are the underdog in this fight.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Jeff

I just wanta say, if ya have ta run to the bathroom, its really a good idea to take off your halftime 3-d glasses first. :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dan_Shade

did you miss the toilet, jeff?

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

Not if there were two of em. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

cheyenne

CLL

My boys are rolling. How bout them STEELERS. Realize its only half time, but, a good defense will always beat good offense.
Too much work-not enough pay.

LeeB

I take it it must be about half time. The number of posts has gone back up in the last little bit. I expect they'll be tapering off again about now.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tom

I don't care who your are rooting for, that touchdown in the last seconds of the 1st half was exciting.  :)

Dan_Shade

yes, that was good, I like that part about sports, that sort of play brings the best out of everybody, the guy trying to make it, his entire team trying to help him, and everybody on the other team trying to stop him

to me, it's what it's all about, pushing the limits of perseverance

TexasTimbers

This is looking good for us Cardinal types.  ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

TexasTimbers

This is looking bad for us Cardinal types.  :(

They are reviewing it but as much as I hate to admit it, that was a touchdown, and a perfect one.

We need some Warner magic.

TexasTimbers

Congrats Pittsburg but you won on a bad call. That was not a fumble - his arm was moving forward.

But a win is a win is a win.

DanG

What a finish!  I didn't really care who won, but I was kinda leaning toward the Cards since they never won it before.  That winning TD was a thing of beauty though.  That's what I call a championship counter-comeback! 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

cheyenne

I was half right :'( Cheyenne

Corley5

I'm not much of football fan and seldom watch any games but this one was fun to watch.  I've always liked the Steelers too  ;) ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Cedarman

That "little" play before the half just goes to show how things can turn around in an instant.  Just like life.  I thought there were more holding calls this game than in all of the last 5.  Am I imagining?  Temperature in the house went up about 10 degrees in the last quarter as everyone got out of their torpor and started hollering at the TV.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

CLL

They showed a graph before the game and the ref's called about 5% more holding calls then the rest of the ref's. I'm glad my STEELERS won, but my heart also goes out to the Cardinals, especially to Kurt, what a class guy.
Too much work-not enough pay.

Warbird

I am sad that the Cardinals lost but...  WOW what a game.  Practically the entire 4th quarter we were all up and down out of our seats, yelling at the TV....  I am glad it was an entertaining game.  Congrats to the Steelers.

blaze83

wow what a game!!  hopefully TO of the cowboys was watching larry fitzgerald and santonio holmes to see how class wide recievers play the game. I'm sad for the cardinals, but enjoyed the game a lot....the steelers just keep on rolling

Steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Cedarman on February 01, 2009, 10:37:33 PM. . . the last quarter  . . . everyone . . .  started hollering at the TV.

Quote from: Warbird on February 01, 2009, 11:34:30 PMPractically the entire 4th quarter we were all up and down out of our seats, yelling at the TV.... 

See I don't understand this kind of primitive behavior. Yelling and shouting at an inanimate object expecting to get some sort of result, positive to your cause. Ridiculous. Hollering at an electronic device. Sheesh.

I am proud to say never yelled at the TV last night

Everytime, my back was turned to the stupid thing as I was walking off in disappointment. Grin.

Ironwood

TT, Not primative, enlightened. Their yelling, and that of the rest of the Stiller nation passed good karma and electrons to Fla. enabling the outcome, man you just don't get it do ya  :D

It was a great game, very competetive, and had all us older folks adrenaline going (Steelers, or Cards fans) and for us older folks that is good thing. I'll bet I burned off a few hundred calories just watching the end of the game.  ::)

Some local schools in Pitts. are on a delayed start to make sure everyone can get to class, I guess you need to have your "priorities straight"  :-X, I guess I should expect no less from a state were the kids get the opening day of deer season off from school, like I said priorities ::) There was some celebrating in the streets last night, kids burning couches in the Oakland section of town, hundreds and hundreds of police on standby. What a fan base, YOI (Myron Cope quote)

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!