iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill fix

Started by bandmiller2, February 01, 2009, 07:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

No the outher fix,I think its easier to give up smoking than milling.In our world today it seems we are just a cog in the big wheel.when you run a sawmill you take raw material and go all the way to usable product.Of course, for guys at least,having a big, loud ,dangerous ,sharp machine handling heavy unpredictable logs is the cats pooper.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

tyb525

I just got into the habit. ;D I know what you mean by taking a raw material and turning it into something useful. It's a beautiful thing.  :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Chuck White

You're right!  Sawmilling is a great fix!

I think what gives me the most satisfaction is when I'm sawing for someone and daily, they haul lumber away and by the time I get all of their logs done, I see that they are already building with the lumber that I sawed not all that long ago!

Then later I can point and say I sawed out that shed or barn or house and really take pride in it, just like the guy that built the end product.

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Nice Post Frank  ;) ;D It wont be long till you get your first fix of the new mill Ty  smiley_contract_point you will mean buisness then mate bat_smailey  ;) :D :D :D :D ;)

I need a fix every day  smiley_alcoholic_01 Should see me when ive had to go without for awhile   :( :( :'( smiley_crying smiley_crying  smiley_heh_heh dangle_smiley boxingsmileydangle_smiley Yep i found da other smileys fellas  ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D 8)

Frank,Ty & Chuck You all hit the nail on the head for the way i feel about the industry Heavy equipment and a beutifull natural product everything a Man could want  ;) ;D ;D 8)  God got rite the first time time  ;) ;D 8) and its ahell of alot better than digging a hole help_me asfar as the enviroment is concerned

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

zopi

I can make a good case for both...having quit both in almost the same month.

Flew over here, 10 December, Laid up the mill 8 December...I quit smoking about the 5th
of January....They both suck.

For smoking at least the cravings never go away...but they are manageable.

milling...nahh..it'll drive you crazy...I'm gonna put together a little tool kit to bring with me out here so I can build little crap...model timber frames and little catapults and such.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Meadows Miller

Gday

I hope that catapults a little one Zoppi nothing like that pommy one that can throw a car a coupple hundred yards  :o :o Mate  ;) :D :D :D :D ;D ;D

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

thecfarm

zopi,you quite smoking,good boy.  :D  Keep at it,don't start back up,you'll have to just quite all over again.I'm glad to hear that.Your kids will be proud of their Dad.  8) About the other fix,why quite a good thing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!