iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Midwest Forest Products Show

Started by sawyerkirk, July 28, 2003, 05:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawyerkirk

Sept 26-27 at St. Charles, MO,(just outside St. Louis) Usually a pretty good show, anybody else going?

Bibbyman

Mary and I plan to attend if something don't come up to keep us from it.  

Here is a link to their web site for more information and some idea of the vendors that may be there.

Midwest Forest Industry Show back at St. Charles Family Arena in 2003

Last year's exhibitor list
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sawwood

I plan on going and i think Ron my saw mill guy will too.
 What day are you Going Bibbyman ?

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Bibbyman

Ain't thunk that far out yet.  Probably on Saturday.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

I am going to try for the Paul Bunyan show, although if I got travelin money maybe I'll make my Iowa/Missouri/ who knows where tour.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawwood

Jeff sure would like to see you at the Mo Show, boy we could
 have a FF git to geather. Boy that would be super, Hay
 inspectorwoody you going to make it to the show ?

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Jeff

My trip to Mo probably wont revolve around a show. it'll have more to do with time and moolah. I want to have at least a week to travle and vist when where and whoever Tammy and I can.

sawyerkirk

I always like to be there first thing first day, when all the vendors still have plenty of "candy" to give away!!

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer has always been friends to Forestry Forum Members.  Their big orange and black tents with large orange flages are easy to spot.

Sawing since '94

Greg

QuoteI am going to try for the Paul Bunyan show, although if I got travelin money maybe I'll make my Iowa/Missouri/ who knows where tour.

Me too!

We oughta collect names of anyone going to the PB show (in October right?)and have a chance to meet each other, while we're all in one place

Greg

Tom_Averwater

I've been going to the Paul Bunyun show for 20 years. We camp every year. I would like to meet up with you all .
        Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Bibbyman

Tom, Greg,

I've started a new post with details on the Paul Bunyon Show - Maybe you can add some details.

Paul Bunyon Forestry Show
Sawing since '94

Steve_M

We went ot the St Charles show two years ago--saw a lot of good things and it was close to home.  Plan to go back this year on Saturday.  See everybody there.

Steve
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

Jeff

Harrison Mi.
to
St Charles Mo.
Total Distance: 597.12 miles
Total Estimated Time: 9 hours, 51 minutes

This might be do-able.

Noble, Bib, others,

What is your distance to st.charles?

ElectricAl

I have pre-registered, hope the boss will cut me some slack for a day trip. The show is only every other year. So, I might have a chance. ;D

Inspector Woody is going to be offline for 30 days or so. If anyone has an important question, send us a FF e-mail. We'll get hold of Gadget on the Bat phone.

I do think Gadget has plans to attend, but he has several New irons in the fire ;)

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Bibbyman

We're about 2 hours west of St. Charles of'n I-70.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

I'm pretty slow. I knew the cute kid to your left was you bib. I just noticed that it was actually bibby boy though. :)

Bibbyman

Did you also note that even at that tender age I was "packn' iron"?
Sawing since '94

Jeff

caps or corks? :)

Has anyone seen one of those lately? Do they even make cork guns anymore?

Bibbyman

Probably a squirt gun.. ;)

I remember always having some kind of gun that shot the darts with the suction cups on the end.  Guess you can't get those now. >:(
Sawing since '94

Tom

The "protect-you-from-yourself" Left frowns on kids packing now a-days.  Probably couldn't find a toy gun in most stores.

Jeff

A while back the fad was rubber band guns and nerf guns. You still see crafters making the wooden rubberband shooters but I have not scene a nerf gun in years. Now at the flea markets you see Marshmellow blow guns at every turn.

Bib, I used to love the dart guns. You could really get into the gangster movies or the westerns when you could actually shoot the guys on T.V.  I also had dart bow and arrows.

Is dat you little Tom?

Bro. Noble

Did any of you make pop guns using a hollow stem (elderberry or cane),  two spitwads,  and a plunger?

You push one juicy spitwad half way down the tube,  start the other one and then ram it hard with the plunger.  The air between the two wads compresses until the first one exits with a bang.

Hadn't thought of that in years.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

I don't now why, but that just reminded me of the whistles dad used to make out of zuccinni stems. Anybody remember doing this? I remember you have to cut close to the leaf so as one end is solid, then make a notch up a little ways. Can't remember exactly how it was done. I remember dad making them, then we would bore hoes down the length to make flute like whistles

Tom

Yep, one of'em is me little.  

We used to make our pea shooters, spit-ball guns, whistles, flutes, bows, arrows and Hawaiin slings out of bamboo.  It was pretty much our general buiilding material.  Hibiscus makes a pretty good whistle.  It's got a hollow center, sometimes, filled with a soft pulp that can be pushed out.

Guava makes a good slingshot, followed closely by citrus like orange and lemon.

Bamboo makes a good spear too. The Cops would probably be called out on a kid with a spear today.

A blade of grass makes a real shrill whistle. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!