iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw polish

Started by bandmiller2, January 29, 2009, 06:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Old Huskies get that wornout oxidised look on the plastic parts has anyone found something to freshen em up.I clean them up with laquer thinner on a rag anything better?Also my husky 365 fuel cap gasket was cracked subsitiuted a #216 "O" ring seems to do the trick.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

Seems most chainsaws drool bar oil ,gas or boath I always lay them on their side caps up{huskies}Frank C.

RSteiner

I have used WD-40 on the plastic parts to remove pine pitch and it does give them a little shine for a while.  I suppose you could use polish made for cars.  I seem to remember a product made by Mothers that is made especially for plastic trim on cars that my son says works well.

Randy
Randy

snowman

I havn't washed my pickup in 5 years much less worried about my chainsaws finish. I'm probly wrong one to ask. :D

DanG

Snowman, you slob!  I wash my truck every other year whether it needs it or not. :D :D

I think the stuff Randy mentioned is "Armor-all".  There is another product called "Starbrite" that they use to restore the finish on cars and boats.  That might work out for ya.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

logwalker

"303" Protectorant is the best UV spray coating in the marine world. ArmorAll tends to break down vinyls with time. IMHO.... Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Dave Shepard

I was thinking the same thing bandmiller. My 394 is in great mechanical condition, but looks rough. I know there is a product for ATV's that restores the color and shine of the plastic. I'll have to look for that.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Woodhog

I paint my Huskys a bright Royal Blue colour with a paint brush, you can touch it up easily on a rainy day and I am hoping it deters 2 legged varmits from walking off with them, also blue is the best colour for things around the woods for not losing them...
I paint my tree bar, wood hook anything I carry into the woods this blue colour...

timberfaller390

I'd like to see a few pics of the blue husky.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

LeeB

I have to say I'm with snowman on this one. I buy a truck to use, not to  look at. Same with a chainsaw.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

timber tramp

You can group me in with Snowman and LeeB on this too. ;) ;D                :) TT
Cause every good story needs a villan!

olyman

Quote from: bandmiller2 on January 29, 2009, 06:16:38 AM
Old Huskies get that wornout oxidised look on the plastic parts has anyone found something to freshen em up.I clean them up with laquer thinner on a rag anything better?Also my husky 365 fuel cap gasket was cracked subsitiuted a #216 "O" ring seems to do the trick.Frank C.
me thinks lac thinner would be hard on any sort of plastic---but i would sure the 303 protectorent--

thecfarm

This thread kinda reminds me of my wife wanting to wash my chaps.
I was never one to keep the things I work with looking good.I keep them greased and than the grease gets all over it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Woodhog has a good idea your own personal color.Its true if you make a tool a little ugly no one will steal it,I like those black oxide colored wrenches,the crows won't pickem up.Years ago I worked in a fleet garage we could not keep a flat shovel,took a brand new one cut 6" off the handle forman almost passed a clinker.Told him Ed just wait and see,one year latter he said Frank you were right.

Woodhog

Here are the sort of blue Huskies, they need a touch up badly...

Figuring out how to post this darn picture cost me about 1/2 cord of 4 foot firewood cutting..

thecfarm

Nert time you post a picture,it won't cost you a thing.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!