iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Super Bowl Sunday

Started by Norm, January 28, 2009, 05:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Patty being the rabid football fan she is will be glued to the TV Sunday watching her team. Me I enjoy it too but have a tradition of making different dishes to enjoy with the game. This year I'm making barbque'd chicken wings, mini pizza's, homemade salsa and chips, baked beans, and who knows what else.

Anybody got some other ideas for small serving dishes to go with them?

WDH

Give me three orders of the wings, two mini pizzas, and about a pint of that salsa ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

baked onions to go with the wings.   Peel an onion, lay a pat of butter on it, wrap loosely and seal tightly in Aluminum foil, bake in the oven, like a potato.  It gets soft and sweet.

Fry up some spicy hush puppies.  everybody likes hushpuppies. ;D

come up with something cold and wet. Yeah, Beer works, unless you don't want beer.  Frozen mugs are a treat.

Jeff

A couple of whole Pecan Pies. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

You almost made me spit out my pretend pecan pie.

beenthere

Quote from: DanG on January 28, 2009, 10:56:42 PM
Teriyaki chicken feet.

Yeah, about the size under Ironwood's table... ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Quote from: Tom on January 28, 2009, 09:56:51 PM
everybody likes hushpuppies. ;D

You DanG right!  That means that I will have to fry up some catfish nuggets too ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

Where's this cauldron-a-scalding grease going to be, WDH?

pappy19

We're having meat balls as one appetizer:

Nick's Meatball Recipe

2 Lbs good ground beef (round steak or sirloin best)

6 cloves fresh garlic crushed and chopped

½ medium yellow onion, chopped fine

3 oz fresh chopped sweet basil

3 oz. fresh chopped parsley

2 eggs

6 oz. fresh Parmesan cheese, grated

6 oz breadcrumbs

Mix together and make into balls size of a small fist. Brown in a pan with butter and olive oil. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour in tomato juice. Add to spaghetti sauce before placing on pasta.

Finish pasta with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Kansas

Some of you may have already heard about this, but if your looking for something different for the Super Bowl, and health food isn't on your menu, you may consider trying this.

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/1006454.html

If nothing else, it should keep your doctor busy.

scgargoyle

That's basically a 'fattie'. I never heard of it until I went to a BBQ forum- they have a whole sub-forum on them. There are many variations, but they almost all have sausage meat stuffed with whatever, then wrapped in bacon and smoked. They're just ridiculously good!

I like to roll out something new, so I'm going to make a Jalapeno Popper Pizza, to go along with the more traditional stuff. Basically, I'll smear the dough with a cream cheese mixture, top with jalapeno slices and ham, and topped w/ monterey jack cheese. I'll report back....
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Banjo picker

Its gona be fun here.  Don't know about the food.  It will be good, because the wife takes care of that.  This will be one of the best superbowl parties ever, bucause I don't think anybody coming even cares who wins. 8) 8) 8)   

Just a good excuse to get together with some friends and unlax back.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Norm

I agree banjo. I'm a die hard Steelers fan but Kurt comes from my area and have followed him for many years. Watching him and Mr Fitzgerald play together is some good football. My only hope is for a close game up till the end.

Now short of the teriyaki feet everything you folks have mentioned sounds good. I'm splitting firewood the next couple of days to work up an appetite.  :)

WDH

I will be sawing cherry and white oak tomorrow so that I can earn a few treats and not have to hang my head too low on the weight loss thread :).

Norm

Patty went in and bought groceries for me yesterday while I split firewood. She commented on how busy the store was in contrast to other Saturdays and how empty the shelves were. This time of year Iowan's will do anything to brighten up an otherwise long winter day even if it means eating ourselves into oblivion.  :D

Jeff

Were going to have homemade chicken pizza, but as usual, I'll be watching the commercials by myself. Tammy is working on a quilt and its doubtful she will want to watch any football.

sawguy21

I think Norm has it pegged. This is just an excuse for a good mid winter party, who cares about football. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Banjo picker

I just found a pan of what she calls Buckeye brownies.  A few are now missing. Can a flag be thrown if no one saw the penalty, just the results?   ;D  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Raider Bill

I can't wait for tomorrow morning when all the parties are finally over. Well maybe tomorrow morning won't be that great but anyway......
Super bowl is here in town. [tampa] it's party ville. Due to my friends in low places I have been to several including one at the venue in st pete where many celebs including many Ladies from a well known mens magizine were having too much fun.
Spent last night at clearwater beach and it was wild!
A bit chilly though at 65 degrees.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Norm

Like we'll ever forgive you for not getting pictures! :D

jdtuttle

Almost 38 deg now. 8) got the oil heating up on the back porch. 12 lbs of wings  ;D & almost ready for the first test batch. There usually mine. jalepeno poppers, pepperoni dip, & just to keep healthy a vegetable platter. I like to get it all cooked ahead of time so I can enjoy the game. Almost forgot, cold beer in the snowbank :D
Have a great superbowl sunday
Have a great day

Raider Bill

I'm too dumb to gawk and take pix so I just gawk. Actually cameras were frowned on inside.
Plus I was told that the new blackberry was not warrantied for drooling damage.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Patty

Quote from: sawguy21 on February 01, 2009, 12:38:20 PM
I think Norm has it pegged. This is just an excuse for a good mid winter party, who cares about football. :D

Them words are blasphemy!  What are you saying "who cares about football"!  I go into deep football blues as soon as the season ends just thinking about all those tight ends .   ;D ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!