iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trick for the Ice bound folks

Started by Ironwood, January 28, 2009, 10:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

I have one pair of spare Sorel ice pack boots that I leave a bunch of pan head sheet metal screws in the lugs of every year there seems to be an appropiate time for them. I especially like the sheet metal screws with the hex perimeter that is elevated slightly, extra bite.

Make sure you stay off the wood floors in the house though ;D

Ironwood

PS. VERY slippery on sealed concrete ;) dont ask how I know
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

okmulch

For christmas my wife bought me a pair of yak trax. They are ruber cords that stretch over your regular shoes and they have like tiny washers or springs streched along the rubber for the soles.

They work like a champ. With this latest ice we have had when I wear them I have not slipped once.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Ironwood

One of my former Rustic furniture students invented/ patented those, she is from Seattle and sold the product to someone else. Smart lady!

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

ErikC

My wife bought a pair of those and loves them in icy or snowy weather. They seem to be easy on and off too.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

crtreedude

The only problem I have with ice is when there isn't enough for the drinks...  ;D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

isawlogs

Another place the sheet metal screws in the boots don't work too well and become almost dangerous for one is on ceramic tyles .....  Ya can get hurt twice , once from the fall and twice when she finds out   :-\ ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ironwood

SwampDonkey

What about skates? That's what they were made for.  ;D ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Stephen1

Quote from: Ironwood on January 28, 2009, 10:47:11 AM
I especially like the sheet metal screws with the hex perimeter that is elevated slightly, extra bite.

I use those screws in the tires on my mobility loader tractor for plowing snow, go thru a whole box of 100 every winter, I spend all spring picking them up from the driveway though.  :D
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Don_Papenburg

You need the longer ones , you have to have the length to get enough pullout resistance .  Two inch ought to do it.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!