iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Reaction Chamber Fire Brick

Started by waorgany, January 28, 2009, 08:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waorgany

Ok, here we go again...did I get a lemon??? Our eClassic temps dropped the day before yesterday so we I got going yesterday am I cleaned her out, main chamber (you know the one with the missing fire bricks that started falling out in DEC), and the turbulators, and the Reaction Chamber. Well much to my supprise when I opened up the main door to the Reaction Chamber, the front right hand wall brick was broken (cracked) down the center, and laying in the fly ash in two peices!!! WT#@%$#^#%@. Yeah I am not sure what the deal with this stove, had it installed in late OCT and I works well when it feels like but sure needs alot of hand holding. I am far from happy with this stive so far. I will try to call the dealer today and see what they say...then I am sure I will have to call CB back again. What a pain in the rear. Just wanted to let everyone know...keep an eye on these bricks too! Wonder if they will issue another bulletin that says they retested this and this bricks can be removed too!!! Glad we can be guinie pigs for them to test their products. They could have atleast given us FREE Stoves to do this instead of paying through the nose for a product that doesn't work as good as they make it out to be. Good luck, check your bricks. :(

cb6048

Not trying to offend but if it were me I would call your dealer and CB and tell them come get your e-classic and on that same truck bring me a 6048 and 1800 bucks.
when hell freezes over I'll snowmobile there too

waorgany

Yeah that works good in theroy. Not to mention the 2-4 feet of snow between the end of my driveway and the back yard were the stove is sitting, they would never be able to get back there. As it was they got their truck stuck when they deilvered it and I had to pull them out with my old half broken GMC 1 ton 6.5

leeallen

I have not had that problem but Ive been keeping my eye on it. The 1/4 inch plate on the inside of ther reaction chamber door has warped a bit on mine- any one else have that problem? Mine has been running since April of 08

antos_ketcham

I am sorry to hear about your problems with the e-classic. I couldn't be happier with mine - esp. with the low wood usage and low smoke. I did have two firebricks in the reaction chamber come loose - but not crack. When I shut down in the spring I will reattach them with high temp furnace cement - not a big deal. Right now they stay in place. They come loose sometimes when I hoe out the chamber so I just stand them back up. My main chamber bricks are fine. Although I plan on removing them when I shut down in the spring. Good luck. Pete.

terra8186

<I have not had that problem but Ive been keeping my eye on it. The 1/4 inch plate on the inside of ther reaction chamber door has warped a bit on mine- any one else have that problem? Mine has been running since April of 08>

My 6048 did the same thing.  My dealer told me it would do it when he sold it delivered it.

browndog

Sorry for your problems, are there other issues you have? Draft door, low temp, excessive creosote, low slow burn ??? I'd like to know     browndog

mikey

I just claned the reation chamber on my e-classic tonight and the left front fire brick was broken and the two front ones on the right side are loose, my stove won't hold temp either . if it weren't for the propane backup I would have to run the furnaces in the houses( I am heating 2 houses with mine plue a 1200 sq.ft. shop)maybe I'm asking toomuch out of it
Mike

dirtyedge

Mikey,
If you just cleaned the reaction chamber did you also clean the tubes and the top portion in the back.  I have noticed that the air flow can about 75% blocked by ash and build up in these tubes and ash in the top going out the chimney.

We have had some issues with it not holding temp but it is always directly related to build up in the tubes, ash in the reaction chamber, or coals covering the air holes in the burn chamber.

We are currently heating a 3500 sq ft house 3000 sq ft basement and 3000 sq ft indoor pool room that is all windows.  Even with the 0 degree temps that we have had for the last 3 weeks. Our is able to keep up as long as everything is clean.  That is also with burning oak that was just split 2 weeks ago.  I know it would do a lot better with seasoned wood but that isn't an option right now.

mikey

dirtyedge,
thanks for the info, I just got my classic up and running just before christmas,my dealer that installed it told me I should only have to clean the tubes every 3 months or so , I just cleaned all out this morning there was a lot of ashes in the top of the chamber. got it reloaded and firing up now, we'll see how that works.
mikey

cleaning it seems to have helped , I too cutting wood every weekend , mostly elm & honey locust that is been down a while and pretty dry, it burns very good though

Thank You Sponsors!