iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northstar Expo - Duluth Aug 1 & 2

Started by Mark M, July 26, 2003, 08:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

I listed this in the other place but thought I would but it here too. I am planning to go and would sure like to visit.

Mark

North Star Expo

Proctor, MN

August 1-2, 2003  
50th Anniversary of Minnesota's largest logging and equipment show, South St. Louis County Fairgrounds, Sat 9 am-5 pm, Sun 9 am-3 pm, free admission, $2 parking, call 218-722-5013

Jeff

Mark you were first!  We will be moving existing threads of this type here. Be it a grading short course by gadget, a picinic at the brokaws or logging congress, or what have you. If its a chance to meet other members then it'll belong here along with the results of those meetings :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

Mark, if I weren't saving my pennys for the picnic I'd check it out. Duluth is only a hop, skip, and a teeny tiny jump for me.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Mark M

Dat's too bad Chet but maybe I'll see you in Escanaba in September.

Mark

chet

Mark,
If da picnic had been in September ya could have brung yer rowboat to Escanaba and sneeked across Lk. Michigan to da festivities.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Mark M

Yeah, I wanted to go to dat pickanik but just last week I had to turn down my wife's request to go to my niece's wedding out west because I didn't have enough vacation time. I don't think she would appreciate me go to the picnic 2 weeks later :o

By September I'll have a few more days so I'll be out and a bout.

Mark

chet

Ya should tell da trip down to da picnic is a business trip.  ;)  We'll talk about sawing and the lack of trees in dat dar Dakota place.   ;D

Mark M

Vell I vent to da Nort-Star expo in Dalooth last weekend and vas a lil-bit disappointed. No Woodmizer, no Cat, not even a good Poppin Johnny display. Just a bunch of DanG salesmen.

I first started going started going to this event when I was in high school in the late 60's. It was held at the Forestry Demonstration center in Cloquet Minnesota where they actually had trees to be cut. They used to put on demonstrations and you could try out chain saws and all kinds of stuff. My daughter and I still had fun looking at things but after about an hour we decided to go to da tool stores.

Here are a bunch of pictures: http://www.pbase.com/mmathys/northstar_expo

Mark

Bibbyman

Looks like a lot of neat forestry stuff.  I thought it would always be fun to run one of those tree harvester things – the one's that look like they are something out of a Starwars movie.  I wouldn't necessarily want to cut trees – just maybe run it through a car lot or two.  Maybe a shopping mall! ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jim_Rogers

What can you tell us about that old power saw in the photos?
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

whitepe

Mark,
So what did you buy at the tool stores?  ;D
Nice equipment pictures by the way.   :)
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Thank You Sponsors!