iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nice buck

Started by beenthere, January 26, 2009, 11:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Caught this fella in the yard this afternoon...hangin around with 5 bucks but the only one that hadn't lost its rack.

Here they are leaving and heading back to the woods.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

They can sure make themselves scarce during hunting season  ;D :)  I bet it wouldn't take much to knock his horns off.  Cool pics  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

semologger

Y was they in a hurry to leave? I know why they would be a hurry around here! Well all but one that is. I have yet to see anything that big this year. Makes ya mad like Corley said they can make themselves invisible during season. Makes ya so mad. Maybe ya need to start hunting around your yard Beenthere.

beenthere

I think they were leavin because they just got nervous being around the house, and may have detected the camera in the window. Finding food has been a task for them with this much snow. They're working over the pine trees pretty good, and the smaller oak trees as well, I'm sure.

A year ago, the season here was open until March 31. But this year, it closed on Jan 4.   Go figure   ::) ::)

I do hunt around here (close to my yard  :) :) ), but only managed to get three doe this year. Bucks were hiding from me.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

~Ron

DWM II

Working over the pine trees?! They must be in a serious bind for some forage to be eating on pine trees. Is that common in areas where there is snow? Never seen them fool with pine anything down here, it would be nice though, seeing how alot of our hardwood forests are being diverted into pine plantations. Oh yeah, he's a fine buck also 8).
Stewardship Counts!

Burlkraft

Up in da UP the cut down cedar for the deer to browse on.

Not much to eat in the deep snow.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Woodcarver

White cedar is candy to deer.  They've just about eliminated it in some areas.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

semologger

Seen this one last summer.

Thank You Sponsors!