iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is it?

Started by woody1, January 23, 2009, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody1

Hey ole' timers..Found this at work. There is a whole box of these in an old bin I was redin' up. I am pretty sure it has something to do with home improvement, but not positive.  It has a metal deal that sorta looks like a curtain hanger and a round ball that looks like a ball used for the game of "jacks". The ball will go through the one hole, but not the other. It is about 4" long by 1 1/2 ".  Give 'er a shot.
Woody

If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

sawdust

I have no idea what it really is. I think it would make a real good tarp tie point. Put the ball on the tarp, push through the big hole slide down to the little end and then you could tie a rope onto the big side.
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Jeff

That sounds like a perfectly logical answer to me. I'll go along with sawdust. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

breederman

I 'm gonna guess they are used to hold your pants up!
Together we got this !

isawlogs

Both answers sound good to me , I could use it for both ...  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Howdy

A tarp tie is what I think too.

Left Coast Chris

As a hint,  tell us where you work and what the company produces/sells...... :P ::)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Dave Shepard

It's a tongue depressor for a yak. You bounce the ball to distract the yak, then you depress his tongue.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

beenthere

Very similar to what the ladies of 60 years ago used to hold up their nylon stockings.

Can't tell the size from the pic.

But then, whada I know...I was only 9 then.  ::) ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woody1

I sell lumber and building materials.
Woody
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

clif

They are probably what you said in your original post, shower curtain or drape hangers.
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

Thank You Sponsors!