iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

028 oiler problems...

Started by Ever Green, January 19, 2009, 06:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ever Green

A friend has a 028 and is having a hard time getting the bar oil to flow.  I'm a Husky guy so I don't know any tricks for his 028.  He has taken it apart and cleaned it up real well...how does this oiler work and what should we try to remedy? 

Thanks
Vince
Vince

beenthere

From what I've learned here on the forum, the "drive" to the oil pump may not have been lined up right when the saw was put back together. Drives off the clutch.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

joe_indi

Quote from: Ever Green on January 19, 2009, 06:07:30 PM
  I'm a Husky guy so I don't know any tricks for his 028. 
The bigdifference between the Husky and Stihl oil pump is that their flow adjustment screws work in the opposite direction.
That is: Husky screw needs to turn anti-clockwise for increasing the flow and clockwise for decreasing the flow.
Stihl screw turns clockwise to increase the flow and anti-clockwise to decrease it.
So, if by any chance you have advice him on the oil pump adjustment, you could have given him the Husky directions. Stihl is just the opposite.

Joe

Kevin

Is he using the thinner winter weight oil?
Does the hole in the bar line up with the oil output when the chain is tensioned, I've had a dealer sell me the wrong bar before.
Is the bar groove clean?
I don't think the 028 has an adjustment it is automatic oiling.

Ever Green

yes it is an automatic oilier...I will have him check it all once again...thanks to all that are trying to help...
Vince

terra8186

I had the same problem.  Try the winter oil.  I think it just gravity drains.

Kevin

There's an oil pump drive gear that's in with the clutch assembly.

Thank You Sponsors!