iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Movies this weekend

Started by Tom_in_Mo., January 19, 2009, 09:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_in_Mo.

Went and watched the "Mall Cop" and "Grand Torino"

I thought Mall Cop was pretty funny and Grand Torino was something else. Didn't like the language at all in CLint's movie, but the story behind it I thought was very good. Ended a little different. Ole Clint still has it. That look he gives when he has just been ticked off, just kills me.

Tim L

I saw Gran Torino last weekend and thought it was awesome ! Clint has still got it.
Do the best you can and don't look back

CLL

Seen Gran Torino yesterday, good movie, I agree the language could be toned down some, also saw Australia outstanding movie.
Too much work-not enough pay.

fishpharmer

My daughter wanted to go see Hotel for Dogs, last night,so we went.

Don't waste your money.  It takes the humanizing of animals one step forward.  Now they make it look like real dogs will use the toilet en masse and all sit down peacefully at a dinner table while a kid engineered automatic feeder brings them food.  Lots and lots of unreal scenes.

It was totally unrealistic, but through the use of computers and robots made it seem real to young people like my nine year old daughter. 

Another fine example of Hollywood brainwashing our kids into thinking animals are humans.   >:( >:(

I feel better now thanks for listening ;D

Marley and Me was much better.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bull

Gran Torino was a hit, no need to fix the language it was right on the money!!! The writer portrayed the story to prefection, That's is the way it is on the streets !! Hope for change maybe the next generation won't stand for it,but for now we are stuck with it. Until people standup for what is right and correct it !!!  Redefine what FREE SPEECH really is !! Morallity and Self Respect may be a good place to start..............  Great Job Clint !!

rbhunter

I seldom go to the movies but my wife and I went to see "Grand Torino" this weekend. I thought the movie had a very good story line. I have to agree with Tom about the language. I know that is how people like that talk but I still do not like to listen to it.

Randy
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Tom_in_Mo.

It sure puts being "political correct" in its place for sure. It also showed you earn true friendship. I saw that boy and girl definitely earn theirs, and yes the old soldier was willing to put his life on the line for others when it came right down to it. That young red headed priest earned his too. Like I said, other than the language it was a very good movie.
Sharp car too!!! 8) 8)

SamB

Gram maw and I took teenage grandson to the movies last week. He and I went to see Valkyrie; gram maw went to see Bride Wars. Grandson has a fascination with military history and wanted to see the movie, he had read about it and new all the details of the event. Gram maw doesn't like movies with violence. I'd like to see Gran Torino. Valkyrie was a well done portrayal of a historical event

wi woodcutter

Went to see Gran Torino the day it came out. By far the best movie I have ever seen. Very good story line. The language was a little bad but some of the stuff he says is down right funny! Go see it.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

Ron Scott

Since Gran Torino was about a Korean War Vet and filmed in Detroit, Michigan it was recommended by others that I see it.

I 'm now glad I did. Clint's cigarette lighter hit home with me since I have had a similar Marine Corp lighter that followed me home from Korea and around for the past 50+years. I found it in one of my junk boxes in the basement a few weeks ago, it brought back some memories and I gave it to my youngest daughter as a keepsake. This was before I saw Gran Torino and noted Clint's lighter that identified his unit.
~Ron

tyb525

I saw it also, with my dad, and I thought it was very good. Granted, the I wouldn't let my younger brother or sister see it till they are older. But, when you compare the language to what some kids use in my school, it's nothing new.

All in all I loved it. Clint was hilarious, and I think he did a good job of portraying the morals and values of people his age. (The same values people my age should have)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Jeff

Tammy and I went to the movies last night for the first time in a year or two. We saw the Curious case of Benjamen Button.  We both thoroughly enjoyed it. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I just caught Gran Torino on one of the cable channels a year or so after the fact.  What a great movie. Yea yea about the language, but thats the way it is in Detroit.

Traditional Toolworks

Quote from: rbhunter on January 20, 2009, 08:39:41 AM
I seldom go to the movies but my wife and I went to see "Grand Torino" this weekend. I thought the movie had a very good story line. I have to agree with Tom about the language. I know that is how people like that talk but I still do not like to listen to it.

Randy
Yeah, loggers have never talked like that... ::)
The axeman in the twentieth century displaying this determination to find peace and sanity is joined in history to every pioneer who set himself to carving a homestead in a new world.  B.Allan Mackie - "Building with Logs"

WTB - used sawmill around NorCal/Oregon area

Jeff

I posted because I thought the movie had a good message, not to get started about language.

And Loggers don't talk like that here or does anyone else unless its after they are banned and we are all waiving a fond farewell, and in that case we can't hear it or see it so they can have at it.

moonhill

That reminds me of the Snoopy cartoons when the adults talked it was all garbled.

Any one seen The Road?  You will have to google it.

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

DouginUtah

I read the book and will watch the movie to see how the two relate.

As a writer, Cormac McCarthy is different. He doesnt (sic) believe in proper punctuation.  :D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Tom

He must've been trained on The Forestry Forum.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!