iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ammo Acountability Act...this means you!

Started by pappy19, January 12, 2009, 09:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

Check this out. Better buy some ammo pretty fast as the liberals are coming through the back door.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Tom

I can see the big thumb coming down. Don't they think?   What about all the self loaders out there?  What about shotguns and all those little bitty pellets?

Don't these people have something constructive that they could be doing, like digging a ditch or sweeping the floor?

badpenny

I spent parts of the past 2 days "accounting" for all my ammo, so I feel I am in compliance with any "accountability" legislation . Nuff said
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

Radar67

I started account my ammo too, got up to a few hundered and lost my thought, had to start over...a couple of times..  ;D Then I looked and remembered the bill was dead in my state.  ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

HOOF-ER

What a load of ________.  :(  Living in Illinois , home of Pres -elect I'm sure were in for some regulating. Way too much time on politicians hands. We need to erase ALL laws and let them start over. That would keep them occupied for another 50 years or so. Long enough for me to enjoy life.
Home built swing mill, 27hp Kawasaki

okie

Hmmmmm, now that's absolutely stupid. How many criminals do you think are gonna go to the store and buy a box of coded bullets to kill someone with ??? ??? ??? What worries me is the fact that someone might get their hands on a box of ammo that I bought and use them to blow someone away, and then I wind up in jail because I was fishing or something at the time and dont have an alibi.
The page says "saving lives, one bullet at a time" ...........seems to me that a life probably has to be taken or nearly taken for this little scheme to work, or am I missing something ???
Striving to create a self sustaining homestead and lifestyle for my family and myself.

Warbird

Move to Alaska.  Governor Palin would shoot anyone stupid enough to propose that crap up here.  ;)

HOOF-ER

As I have always said " people kill people". If you took every gun away from everyone. Someone will make one( and make alot of money-blackmarket). Same with ammo . When will they wake up and realize you can't control anything. How are we doing with control of drugs? The only thing that gets regulated are law abiding peoples. >:(

HOOF-ER

Warbird are there jobs up there? Sounds enticing. ;)

Warbird

If you are serious, send me a PM with what sort of job you'd be looking for.  I am not in a position to hire directly but I can tell you what is available in the area.

HOOF-ER

Not real serious now. Couple more years for the youngens to leave the nest. Then who knows. There have to be better places to live than Illinois. Best wishes on the moose hunt, be carefull out there. Will look forward to the pics. ;)

cheyenne

They don't have enough paper for my list. Tracking ammo is a smokescreen. If you read the fine print it's the same as all their bills. (To be supported by the fund) It's just another way to put their hands in our pockets.....Effie sewed my pockets shut but me got ammo.....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thedeeredude

Kevin_H.

Quote from: HOOF-ER on January 13, 2009, 12:24:26 AM
Not real serious now. Couple more years for the youngens to leave the nest. Then who knows. There have to be better places to live than Illinois. Best wishes on the moose hunt, be carefull out there. Will look forward to the pics. ;)

You cant leave HOOF-ER, paul has way too many logs to saw up.  :D

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Maineloggerkid

This is just the start. I'm into political stuff quite deeply, as my fmaily and friends have been fighting land use regulations here for quite some time. Let me tell you, they have alot more in the works. Look up the wildlands project. Just to give you a glimpse, it has to do with removing human presence form about 70% of America by relocating us into small "developed centers". These people backed and funding the Pres. elect. They now have a toe hoold on the big wigs. I suggest you fasten your seat belts and put your tray table in the upright and locked position.

Or do what I do and have 10's of thousands of rounds of ammo in crates and reloading supplies, among hundreds of pounds of survival and military surplus gear ;D I also know of 3 local fesh springs.

I'm not paranoid, I just live in the boonies, so I am prepared for anything that comes my way.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

blazehaze69

It's just like anything else- the 'gumint' wants complete control over law-abiding citizens. Laws are made to protect the criminals.

Glad to be a member of this site!

...John
The most difficult part of any task is getting up off one's rear and doing it. JWH 1975

cheyenne

Loggerkid....If you get bored in the boonies you can always go to the Chocolate Moose in Jackman.....Cheyenne

Maineloggerkid

Never Been, but now that you mention it, I might try it. 

I don't usually get to bored up here. When I'm not working I', hunting. When I'm not hunting, I'm probably doing something else like mudding or going critterin'. ( driving the backroads late at night looking for game, and possibly a coyote to shoot.)
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

Chuck White

Seems to me that bullet (more precisely, firearm) identification is/was the reason why a dealer has to send in a bullet fired from each handgun he sells.  Where they're sent, who knows!
This is supposed to provide a "fingerprint" of each handgun sold!

Next, they'll want us to sign the base of each bullet we load!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tom

Actually, that does look to be the next step.

DanG

I checked out a couple of the items in the link.  The Alabama link showed no such bill in their Senate currently, and I was unable to find anything else about it.  The South Carolina site did show the bill in April of '08, going to Committee and then to a Sub-Committee, but the site hasn't been updated since then.  I followed another link from that site and found the SC Firearms Code, but there was nothing in there on this subject.  I can only assume that the measure didn't pass.

Chuck, the SC bill did say that bullets and rounds were to be marked, so the handloader would have been affected too.  The bill was to apply to handgun and assault weapons ammo only.  I wonder how they separate assault weapons ammo from hunting ammo?  Would .308 be marked?  I noticed in the bill that they intended to have a unique code on every bullet, and that those codes were to be recorded by the dealer at the time of purchase.  Now, unless I'm even more confuzzed than I thought, they make .22 caliber handguns, so every round of .22 ammo would have to have its own unique code.  I don't know what sort of technology they were planning to use, but there just ain't a whole lot of space on the butt end of a .22 slug, and there's an awful lot of them.   Personally, I don't think they could have implemented that crappy law, even if it had passed. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

submarinesailor

"Personally, I don't think they could have implemented that crappy law, even if it had passed."

Dan,

You had better be careful; Nancy Pelosi is going to take you off her Christmas card list. ;D ;D

Bruce

DanG

Oh Dear!!  I didn't mean to blaspheme! :o :-[ :-X

:D :D :D

I'll try to have a look at some of those other States next time I'm wide awake at 2am.  Reading those bills is a sure-fire cure for insomnia. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Part_Timer

Does that mean that I need to take an engraver and mark my bullet moulds with "it's mine" .  Maybe that would help some.  ;)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

DanG

I'm sure they would be most grateful for that, PT, particularly if you used your hand cast bullets for a crime. ;) :D :D

Other than the absolute unenforcability of the proposed law, I saw one minor redeeming quality in it.  They put in a cap of a half-cent per round on the additional tax on ammo, which seems to be a tolerable precedent.

DanG

The Mississippi bill died in Committee last February. :)

DanG

I've been unable to discern the current status of the New Jersey bill, but it is raising absurdity to new levels.  While it only applies to handgun ammo, they're insisting on a unique identifying code on each projectile, matching that engraved on the inside of its cartridge case.  On another thread, we've been discussing a handgun that is capable of launching .410 shotgun shells.  This has me wondering if each pellet in those shells must be individually coded.  If so, would all of the numbers have to be engraved on the inside of that plastic casing?

Are you wondering what sort of jackass would be proposing such a thing?  Well, his name is Bray!  What could be more ironically appropriate than that? :D :D :D

cheyenne

Bray.....That's just to funny...I think I just wet myself......Cheyenne

Corley5

I've got a hay customer with the last name of Bray and he raises donkeys  ;) ;D  Really  :) :) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!