iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Akin to my land

Started by Jeff, January 06, 2009, 01:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I found something tonight while trying to find old information on my Family. Maybe the feeling I get of being where I am supposed to be when I am down in my cedars comes from deep inside, from somewhere in my familiy's history.

I found that the origins of my last name means "person living at the swamp."

http://bragaw.org/Bragaw/Pages/history.htm#See%20It
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

Oh, a swamper, and you still don't like grits.  Hard to comprehend.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

pineywoods

TR recon he'd like nutria or gator?  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

Where did you read where I ever said I don't like grits?  You need to find that passage and show me the link. I've ate Gator as well, it was killed by Woodbowl, he cooked it right here on my Grill and I have part of his jawbone as a souvenir (The Gater's, Not Woodbowl's)

Texas Ranger

The expression on your face said it all, my friend.  You need to Texas and Louisiana and try some real food. 

Don't think he would get passed nutra rat, gator maybe, if you told him it was chicken. 8)  Now, I am not saying woodbowl did not give you gator, but you know, us southren boys do have a sense of humor. ::)  Did it have a lot of small rib bones? ;D

isawlogs

If my memory is up to it .. I beleive he was said to be somethings tail ....  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

farmerdoug

We have marsh rabbit served in resturants here in this area.  I think they are pretty close to your nutria. ;D :D :D :D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Lud

Lives near the swamp, eh?  Sounds Shrekish! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Radar67

did somebody say "bigfoot"?  ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Warbird

Tough crowd tonight, Jeff.  :)

pineywoods

Now let's not be too hard on Jeff.  Maybe a little explaining is in order. Down here, we know about people who "live by the swamp". The swamps of south west la and se texas were settled by a bunch of french canadians who left their maritime home over some political difficulties. We know them as "cajuns" (a corruption of the word acadia where they came from) They eat anything they can catch or kill, make some of the best food in the world and are the best friends any man could have. So comparing Jeff (lives by the swamp) to cajuns was meant as sort of a half-handed compliment... ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Texas Ranger

Except for the accent, he just might fit in down here. ;D

Jeff

You can ask Tom. I can throw on a pretty good north Florida accent if needed.

isawlogs

Good people them French Canadians  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

You bet, Isawlogs, and those down here are mighty fine folks.

Onthesauk

And I'll vouch for the food!
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

TexasTimbers

Gator tail is one of the highest protein-rich meats on the planet. Grits complement.

Jeff I don't understand why you named a food thread "Akin to my land" .

:D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

isawlogs

I have noticed here on the forum that we , as a whole , have many things in commun.

• We like food
  • We like steak

• taters
  • coffee

• sugar
  • corn

• We all agry that food is most times enjoyable to have , I said most times .  ;)
  • Our steaks may come from different parts and of different species , but good just the same .

• Those taters are a welcome side dish  in many a plate
  • Aint many on here that dont need this boost in the morning

• May it be maple or canne we all got a sweet tooth for it .

• This is where there is always a hick-up but we all like it .. mind you it is better when in the first process , that is on the ear .. but some need it refined and crushed and beat and ground up .... But in the end , we all like it with about the same thing , salt and butter ..... 8)

Marcel

DanG

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 07, 2009, 12:13:41 PM
Except for the accent, he just might fit in down here. ;D

He fits in down here, accent and all.  We have so many immigrants from the North around here, nobody even notices that he talks funny.  He does do a pretty good imitation of a Michigan Yankee trying to sound Southern, though. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crtreedude

Quote from: DanG on January 08, 2009, 11:12:44 AM
He does do a pretty good imitation of a Michigan Yankee trying to sound Southern, though. ;D

:D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Jeff

I'd like to be in my swamp right about now. If it was just me, I probably would be.

SwampDonkey

Here's something to ease your yearning. ;D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

That could be anywhere on my property.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Snow aint near deep enough. :D

Thank You Sponsors!