Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Fla._Deadheader

It's a Tropical Species, used for flooring, beams, rafters that are open to view, turnings, anything you want, interior. It's heavy and fairly hard. Grain is interlocked, a little.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SCSawyer

come on guys you can do better than this, one guys is all that is sawing ?
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

taw6243

Here's some Cherry 110' tall before cut down and cut up from along the lake Michigan shoreline. I've got 1500 board feet of it, most of it was clear no, knots, no sap, up to 20" wide. The guy in the picture is the customer I share cut this for. 

[img]
4500 hours on my 2004 LT40HDG28, CBN sharpener and auto setter, 25" woodmaster planer with 9'auto leveling bed and trac vac chip handling system, 1998 L3010 kubota, 2010 L3200 kubota Festool TS75 rail saw with 42", 75" and 106" rails.

taw6243

4500 hours on my 2004 LT40HDG28, CBN sharpener and auto setter, 25" woodmaster planer with 9'auto leveling bed and trac vac chip handling system, 1998 L3010 kubota, 2010 L3200 kubota Festool TS75 rail saw with 42", 75" and 106" rails.

taw6243

taw6243

WDH

Wow taw6243, that was a good deal!  For me, that would be the tree of a lifetime.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

I can't believe that fella does have a permanet grin stuck on his face. :o  20" wide clear cherry???  Sheese...
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

customdave

Just sawing a little poplar & spruce logs of my own for my own use when not cold & not working @ welding job. Sorry no pics, don't own fancey camera,but probably will have to buy one now that I joined this forum, seeing as how you guys are always asking for pics ! :)       customdave
Love the smell of sawdust

backwoods sawyer

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Jeff

There are some amazing trees in the dune forests along the Michigan Shoreline. ANyone that ever gets a chance to visit it, the Ludington state park has a protected dune forest that has some magnificent Cherry standing in it, probably much like the one that made the lumber above.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Meadows Miller

Gday

Where things alitle tight this xmass backwoods  ;) Did you and a freind havta share a tree this year mate  ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D

Taw thems some dang good looking boards yuo got there mate ;) ;D ;D ;D 8)

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

blaze83

TAW,

that is some OUTSTANDING  cherry!!  8) wow!!  would love to see a pic of the logs those boards came from.....i cut a few 13" boards last spring and thought i was really doing good
the red colored wood of the pilon is Fladeadheaders post is really unique too......does it stay that red? not sure what to say about the wacked Christmas tree  :D :D

happy new year all

Steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

beenthere

Quote from: customdave on January 06, 2009, 12:38:23 AM
Just sawing a little poplar & spruce logs of my own for my own use when not cold & not working @ welding job. Sorry no pics, don't own fancey camera,but probably will have to buy one now that I joined this forum, seeing as how you guys are always asking for pics ! :)       customdave
customdave
There are a lot of cameras to choose from out there, but I've enjoyed the Kodak Easyshare C700 series that run around $100 ± if you want a suggestion. They have their own memory as well as have an SD memory card that can be stuck into the computer. Also have a download cable that will connect the camera to the computer through a USB port.

Just a mention of it, in case you wanted some ideas.   :) :)  And the choices are endless, even including the cell phones with cameras...my wife said she updated hers to a camera phone for one penney.  Don't know what or how or when she is going to use that feature, but I'm keeping myself covered.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

customdave

Thanks beenthere, talking about cameras I just remembered my daughter got new camera for her birthday, she going to give me the old one, better phone her & remind her. Hopefully it gets delivered with lessons of how to operate    customdave
Love the smell of sawdust

ARKANSAWYER

Today I am sawing 12x12x16's and a few 3x24x9's in SYP.

Yesterday I was finishing sawing 8x12x26 and 8x8x26 SYP.

This is the rest of the frame for the timbers sawed yesterday.

This is the other frame we are working on and were sawing on Monay.  It is mostly 2x stock and some 6x12x20's and lots of 6x8's up to 20 ft.

ARKANSAWYER

beenthere

Arky
Your guys are goin to really like it when ya put the green chain in....that is a long way to carry 12x12's to stack.  ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pigman

I am concerned about Arky's health. He is sawing with Wanda in that tight building. I am sure the exaust fumes just have to be terrible.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

stonebroke

How cold is it down there? Up here we might even put sides on a building. Just to slow the wind down a little.

Stonebroke

ARKANSAWYER

I am so touched by your concern for my health.   :o  Just knowing that someone cares moves me.   ;D
  Naw!  I was sawing cedar today so I could not smell the exhaust fumes.

We had 50 degrees today with a west wind of about 20 mph and sun shinny sky.  Why block the wind.  It blows the sawdust away ( and in your eyes).  Besides if I built a wall the people driving down the highway can not see me sawing.
ARKANSAWYER

LeeB

I seen your truck when I drove by at 12:30 but didn't see any sawing going on. Looked like everybody was down by the big camper trailer. Musta been out to lunch. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tim L

Lately we are just sawing 5/4 pine to finish the interior of Joes(neighbor) farm stand so he can open in the spring.

Do the best you can and don't look back

CLL

Arky did you get the blades off the scragg? We would have stayed and helped you, but I didn't want my  son to learn too much at one time, especially from someone that knew what they was talking about. :D :D
Too much work-not enough pay.

Thank You Sponsors!