iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

V plow for skidder

Started by redneck, January 03, 2009, 09:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Appreciate the comments. Been a fun project to get done.  Having rain and ice now, so plenty to do this morning with the front blade.

4genlgr
Yup, "the tip of the blade" is the wing. And that ground it can contact can be anywhere, and is uphill (and downhill) depending how the ditch slopes away from the road. So (as well my compact utility tractor doesn't have draft control) I just raise and lower the 3 ph and hope I am just above the ground, and not in it.  :) :)  I'm planning to bolt a piece of white oak along that lower edge at the tip of the wing to act as a shoe and a wear plate. We'll see how that works, if at all.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

beenthere,when I was plowing the driveway,I used a retread off from a truck tire.I find them laying beside the road often.All that I would find would be just the tread,no sidewalls.I only used it for one winter,but it never wore out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bobus2003

This is the Setup That was built on a John Deere 648D I was Running.. Just had to pull a Couple pins from the Braces and it would Angle Right Or Left Hydraulicly.. Put the Braces back on and it was a Solid Straight Blade for Decking or Dirt Work.. Blade was Capable of 6-Way Function, Similiar to a Dozer

Coon

beenthere,  a shoe will definately help you to keep from digging in.  The faster that you can roll the snow out of the way the better as well as it will also help with the floating action.  Tire chains may also help you out too.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

bill m

Bobus2003, Was that a factory or dealer option or home made?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

Bobus,welcome to the forum. That is quite the blade.I have never seen one like that. Would come in real handy I would think.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bobus2003

Quote from: bill m on December 28, 2009, 06:28:30 AM
Bobus2003, Was that a factory or dealer option or home made?

I'm Pretty sure it was Fabricated by a Machine shop here.. Up close it apeared taht the blade had been cut off the Push frame, Push Frame Boxed and fitted like you would find on a Dozer and the componets put on the Blade to make it function.. It had a Dozer style hydralic Lever and Valve body

bill m

From the looks of it somebody did some very nice work.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Ed_K

That is kool. A 6way would be nice when installing water bars.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!