iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OWB Right spot ?

Started by ngzcaz, January 02, 2009, 08:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngzcaz

Is this the right forum for discussion on Outdoor wood boilers ? If so, I'm curious if anyone has one, what brand, and what results they are having this year. I have a Shaver 165, good unit albeit one of the more inexpensive brands ( like $5,000 is cheap w/out installation and piping )  Projected payback was 2 years, since the price drop in oil, its slightly over 3 at current prices.

pc_smiley

logwalker

Most of that discussion goes on in the Alternative Methods and Solutions forum. I have a Tarm indoor boiler that I just hooked up 2 days ago and will be posting about soon. Welcome to the forum. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

thecfarm

ngzcaz,welcome to the forum.
There's a thread here that will keep you going,
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,22620.0.html
I have a Heatmor.I bought the model that will take a 54 inch stick.I liked the simple design of a Heatmor.Mine has a blower in the front and the rear.Like most of the others,it heats the house fine.I'm trying to burn green white pine in it this winter.I have a lot of scrub pine I want to get rid of. I burn a lot of junk wood in mine. I found out all the OWB are outrageous in price. I'm heating alot more than I was before I got the OWB. I heated my hot water with it all summer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!