iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

going to Sawlex

Started by woody1, January 01, 2009, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody1

Anyone going to Sawlex in WV at the end of May ?
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

DanG

This is the first I've heard about it this time around, but I'll do my best to get there.  I made the first one in Ohio and had a ball.  I missed the one in SC because some dipstick in the family decided to get married that weekend. >:(  I'm puttin' the word out this time....if I miss it, somebody better be dead!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pigman

I would like to go, but they have those things every year right when I am in the middle of haying. Maybe it will rain here during that time and I wll be able to go. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Corley5

We went to the last one and would like to go to this one but I need to make a trip to Drury, Mo this spring  :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Don K

Went to SC and enjoyed it. This one may be a bit far though I would love to go to WV. Where will it be?

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

pigman

Sawlex
May 29-30
Mylan Park
Morgantown, W. Virginia
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

johnjbc

Its in Morgantown, West Virginia. WE are planning on going and then spending a couple days riding ATV's on the  Hatfield~McCoy Trails
http://www.huggercom.com/sawlex/
http://www.trailsheaven.com/
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

thedeeredude

I think I can go this year.  Its about 4 1/2 hours drive.  I've never been to one before, what should I expect to see?

DR_Buck

I have it on the calendar and plan on attending.     Wonder if there will be a FF booth/social gathering area again?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Cedarman

I spect there'll be a social gathering where ever 2 FF members get together.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

wwsjr

Went to SC, I hope to go again this year. We had a big group of FF folks. The shootout was great to watch.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Jeff

The first two times an area was provided for the forum The first year by some members that got together, the second time by the show. Its not something that Tammy and I can afford to do as its pricey to do a show. I dont think there is even a remote chance to try and attend this year at this point.

The first Sawlex they were danG glad to have the Forestry Forum there. They would come and ask us to do something, like fill out a seminar, and we were there. The second, we had the big redwood table there and a ton of members. The busiest inside area they had. This one, we haven't had any inquires about the Forum's attendance, so not much I can add. There certainly will be a lot of members there regardless if we have any kind of formal appearance or not.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Tam-i-am

I'm going whether or not I want to.  It's not that I don't like the show because I do, but Jake from Arborwear is planning his revenge.

We were across from the Arborwear guys at Bunyan and it was Jake's birthday, so we took him out for a few shots.  Jake didn't stand a chance there were a lot of folks there from the show who were taking good care of him!  So I don't know why he is singling me out of the group, except that Sawlex is on my birthday. 

I hope all the FF members come and say hi before Jake gets his revenge.

Tammy

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Captain

Don't worry Tammy, I'm there for ya... ;D

Captain

woodhick

I am planning on being there.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Kansas

I want to attend one really good show in 2009, one focused on sawmill and logging equipment, with the most manufacturers possible.  Is sawlex the best option generally for shows? Whatever show I go to, I will probably have to fly to, so it doesn't matter which one. Missouri is having their show in Cape Giradeau this year, which is a long drive. I went to the one they had in St. Charles in 2007, but there wasn't as much stuff there as I had hoped.

woody1

I am getting pretty serious about a firewood processor. I thinks that's the place to check them out. I don't know if I'll be going the first or second day. Sure hope to see some of you there.
Woody

oakiemac

I'd like to go. Any one from Michigan going? Maybe we can car pool.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

SamB

I'll be there, if I'm still living and able, it is too close to where I'm located to not take advantage of the opportunity. I have only read about Sawlex, but it would appear from my perspective to be a big time event. Mylan Park should prove to be a good venue, close to I-79, restaurants, motels and lots of free parking. Hope to meet some FF forumites there!

ADAMINMO

When the Missouri show was in Cape it was a pretty big show. They moved it to St. Charles in hopes of gaining more attendance by being closer to an airport and alot more motels and restuarants. I dont think it workd as they expected. I dont know how the Cape show will turn out this year but in the past when we attended it it was a pretty large show. Lots of exhibits in the Show-me Center and then the parking lot outside around the center was pretty full also. Back then it was a show that was great to attend. I think it will turn out as good this year as it was in the past.

Meadows Miller

Gday

The Australian contingent  Will be there    ;) :D :D :D  ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) Even if its Just Me   ;D ;) :D :D Amberwood / Duncan said he might be able to come over and meet up with me at sawlex also  ;) ;D 8) Rob another bloke i use to run a mill for said hes keen if time allows  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8)

Im planing on being in the USofA for 4 to 8 weeks  starting in FL OR GA  ;) ;D  and planing on ZiganZagin up the eastern side of Your Fine Contry towads Sawlex SO watch out if Your Mill is within Sight or Earshot of a road  ;) :D ;D
You might have some Bloody Aussi earbashing you about anything and everything to do with the Buisness  ;) :D :D ;D s
o if anyone wants a Good young Sawyer that will put in a good days work for Food and Lodging just let me know  ;)Dont worry i dont work upside down and back to front Fellas ;) :D :D :D ;D

Like most Aussi travelers i dont realy have any real plan but to just pack the bag grab the swag and buy an old Ute  i mean Pickup  ;) :D ;D and see where the road takes Me ;) ;D ;D 8) Banjos on the list along with Woody1 il be hrassing you boys sooner than you think  ;) :D :D ;D ;D Adam ill be calling in on the Baker boys also as im still thinking of a multi head resaw  ;) ;D ;D

Dont worry the mill will be in the Capapble hands of  Captian Slow aka Dad  ;) for the time im gone its the slow part of the year anyhow  he will be sawing cypress so he only wil have to fill around 20mbft amonth while im gone  ;) :D ;D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

woody1

Chris..Let me know what day you will be at Sawlex. I'll buy lunch.  :o :o If you can find a reasonably price upside/down firewood processor bring it with you.
Woody

Ron Wenrich

I just checked on Timber 2009

May 29-30
Rock Springs, PA  (outside of State College)

Its a timber show put on by the PA Forest Products Assn and Penn State. 

So, now which one do you go to?
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

woody1

Hey Ron..Come to Rock Springs and I'll take ya down to WV  8) 8) You can stay at the cabin, The rent is cheaper in the spring.  :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!