iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wanna buy a used skidder???

Started by bkellyvtme, December 31, 2008, 11:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

If he was an employee, he should be fired, if hes the owner's son he should be disowned and if he is the owner, well, the bank will be getting back a hunk of junk wont they, cause if he runs a business like the skidder, he will fail. Talk about abuse. Makes a guy mad just to watch something like that.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

semologger

Ya i dont think that skidder will last long. Thats a little rough on it. He would be gone in a hurry driving my skidder.

Dave Shepard

I can't imagine the machine can take that all day long. What an idiot. >:( If he took one less stick, he could go much faster, equating to more footage moved in a day, and that's not even counting breakdowns.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

Sorta makes the 4 wheel drive feature useless  ::) ::)  :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

beenthere

Wonder if the guy thought that those logs would get lighter as he drove along? A hit up side the head would a been in order. Letting out a few inches of cable may have helped get it to plane off a bit better, but clearly too much load and not enough front end weight. Shoulda had a couple three guys sitting on the front blade to hold it down... ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Radar67

I kind a wonder if he wasn't just doing it to show out?
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

tyb525

Of course the money he's going to make from that clip will pay for the repairs  ::)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Dave Shepard

Quote from: tyb525 on January 01, 2009, 12:57:56 AM
Of course the money he's going to make from that clip will pay for the repairs  ::)

This got me thinking, would it be legal to not hire a potential employee based on a Youtube movie? I can just see a new line on employment applications, right after "Years of education", "Please submit all Youtubes for perusal". :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mike_van

I don't think they've found a cure for "just plain stupid" yet, they probably never will.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

timberfaller390

There is no way that is productive. I kind of agree with radar67, I think he was just showing out. Kinda piths me off to see somebody abuse equipment like that, especially when I work my butt off to keep mine running and in good repair.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

semologger

I do miss the days were i had no worries. Everything was so much easier. When i was younger i had the skidder pull up like that and thought it was cool. Funny how getting older your views on alot of things change.

pigman

semologger, spoken like a very old man, even if you are only 31. :D  But I guess logging makes a person age real fast. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

earthharvester

Ironwood

I think that is a "full pull", and quite a twitch at that. I'd say that was done on purpose.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

stonebroke

I think semologger just figured out he has to pay for it now.

Stonebroke

twobears

don,t impress me any. if a guy was trying to make a living he wouldn,t mess around like that and if it was my skidder i,de kick his %#& for abusing it like that.
i,ve skidded alot of wood and watched even more skidded and i,ve never seen a skidder do wheels like that.the guys i worked for ALWAYS!! wanted the hitch as big as possiable.i,ve had hitchs i couldn,t pull or even winch.but,i,ve never done a wheelie on flat ground.

delbert

semologger

The last wheelie i did was last winter. I was trying to pull out the truck. It had tree length pine logs on it. The trailer sunk in the mud and just needed to be moved about 4 feet. It didnt get moved. I was pulling a wheelie in a 648E john deere. I even picked up the front of the big truck. Ive learned you might as well unload part of the load then try and move it.

I had a C5C treefarmer that we put a grapple on it. Well it was alot of extra weight on the back of the skidder. Plus it had a big grapple. You could ride wheelies in that thing all day. I know now why i was always putting a rearend in the thing. 

woody1

Just think how you would feel if that was a skidder you rented to that guy and saw it on you tube. I got really peaved one time when I saw a guy rent a bobcat. He also rented the trailer to haul the bobcat. He took it up on the mountain and were loading large rock onto the trailer to haul them out. He was just dropping those large rocks down onto that rented trailer. Made me sick.
Woody
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Kodiakmac

Oh well, maybe it's his own buggy.

A fool and his mainline are soon parted.
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

twobears

to me it looks like he has the cable on top of the arch.

CLL

Have never run a skidder,but pull tons of logs with a tractor. He may have been showing off, being stupid is my first reaction. I agree he could have dropped a log or two and got it done three times as fast.
Too much work-not enough pay.

tw3006

i dont wish evil on anyone.... but, i woulda liked to see the cable snap about the time he was vertical...... entertainment for us and a lesson learned for someone who needs it

Thank You Sponsors!