iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Harrison MI

Started by RichlandSawyer, December 31, 2008, 11:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichlandSawyer

I have been doing electrical on a new parking ramp and was pulling phone cables to the four guard shacks when i noticed the sign on the inside of the prefab shack said it was built by PAR-KUT in Harrison MI. Made me think about forestry forum and sawing logs all day. When i got home that night i had to fire up the chain saw and cut firewood just to get it out of my system. I'll run the mill this weekend and a couple hours of shagging slabs should have me completely over it. :D
Every log i open up, a board falls out!!!

Jeff

Sorry to burst that bubble, but I want you to promise to keep the sawdust going before I tell you this.

That's not Harrison Michigan. No such company here. That's  Harrison Township Michigan. That's pretty much part of Detroit. Detroit is not part of My Michigan. Not even close ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

farmerdoug

Jeff,  That is a township on the north side of Detroit.  Saying it is part of Detroit is like saying Midland is part of Saginaw. ;D  Unfortunatly it is considered part of the Greater Detroit Area as is Port Huron now too. ::)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

QuoteThat's pretty much part of Detroit.

As is everything south of Clare... ;)

Dan_Shade

well, not to be pointing out the obvious, but everything north of the Mason Dixon is pretty much indistinguishable :-D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Lanier_Lurker

Dan......that is a good one.   :)

But, them folks up there may take exception to that that way of thinking.

SwampDonkey

Some of you bad acting, horse trading, defectors where probably from above the MD line to begin with.  :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

farmerdoug

Jeff,  I was told that everything south of the Bridge is part of Detroit.  That includes you too. :D :D :D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

Yea but I'm only down her physically. My heart is where it needs to be.

DanG

Your heart's down here? ??? ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Yup, just like old String Bean used ta say

isawlogs

I am going to move my outdoor thermometer today ... I think its too cold where it is ... darn thing is reading -22°C ... my heart aint quite here either .  :-\   I need go and get some extra layers on and go see the barn critters .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Woodwalker

Quote from: isawlogs on January 01, 2009, 09:06:41 AM

I am going to move my outdoor thermometer today ... I think its too cold where it is ... darn thing is reading -22°C ... 

I world leave the thermometer where it is and I would be the one moveing. Somewhere south of M. D. Line.  Brrrrrrr
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Roxie

Here on the ACTUAL Mason Dixon Line, it's 23 degrees and breezy. 
Say when

Jeff

Is that in your yard Roxie?  Do you have to fertilize it with grits or anything to keep it nice and healthy looking like that?

Jeff

oh,  I just noticed. ITS BROKE!

Roxie

It's right next to a road and keeps getting run into!  It's located about 2 miles from me. 

Say when

Jeff

I'm guessing that's the south side edge that's broke. ;)

SwampDonkey

Trouble driving on that side, or is it the paper boy that strikes it with his car? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Ok .... I know I should know ... but what all this line have thats so interesting ...  All thats good is North, and every thing else goes South ...  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

tim1234

Quote from: Jeff on December 31, 2008, 11:56:54 PM
QuoteThat's pretty much part of Detroit.

As is everything south of Clare... ;)

Hey, Jeff....I resemble that remark ;D
You buy a cheap tool twice...and then you're still stuck with a cheap tool!!
Husky 372XP, 455 Rancher, Echo CS300, Alaskan 30" Chainsaw Mill

Corley5

Everything south of Grayling is downstate  ;D  Used to be West Branch but the line keeps moving north.  It'll be Waters too soon and then Gaylord  :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pigman

Quote from: isawlogs on January 01, 2009, 11:39:40 AM

Ok .... I know I should know ... but what all this line have thats so interesting ...  All thats good is South, and every thing else nots so good...  ???
Yes  ;D ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

isawlogs

Quote from: pigman on January 01, 2009, 01:36:50 PM
Quote from: isawlogs on January 01, 2009, 11:39:40 AM

Ok .... I know I should know ... but what all this line have thats so interesting ...  All thats good is SouthNorth, and every thing else nots so good...  ???
Yes  ;D ;)
Hey ... you playing around with my words again  :D :D :D

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!