iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Merry Christmas Amazon Style

Started by jim king, December 25, 2008, 10:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

Here in the Amazon Christmas has little or no resemblance to North America.  The biggest thing here is giving a Christmas basket of food to each employee.  It consists of a big chicken and things like chocolate for the kids , champange, a big special Christmas bread and things they would not spend their own money on but also the basics for the biggest meal of the year.  It is actually the highlight of the year for the employees .  On Christmas Eve midnight it sounds like a war zone as everyone lights fireworks.  Myself I still remember the fireplace, pine trees and snow and ice fishing on Christmas day, that is Christmas to me.  The temperature right now at 11 in the morning is about 90.

Here are some photos of the basket program yesterday.  When the secretary was coming out of the market the police saw her with the boxes of chickens and brought her and the chickens to the office.  That is the reason for the police truck.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

Thanks, Jim !!
I always like to hear about holiday traditions in other parts of the world. Are there any other foods that are a tradition for Christmas in that area ??? Or other celebrations of the season besides fireworks ???
Merry Christmas to you !
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

Merry Christmas Jim.have not heard from you for a while.Or have not seen any nice pictures of the wood you are cutting or the unique way to get it out of the woods.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SPIKER

that is nice to do for the folks working for ya, good that the cops are paying close watch out there, but a little tight that they see a chicken heading out and grab the person :o

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

jim king

There is nothing more to Christmas here.  It is a very simple day , not like the North Americans.  You havent heard from me for a while as we have been working day and night putting in a new flooring plant.  Something is wrong, the older I get the harder I work as there seems to be nothing more fun than working.
I hope every body had a nice Christmas.

Thank You Sponsors!