iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LAZER SIGHTS

Started by AtLast, July 19, 2003, 11:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtLast

Curious...has anyone installed a generic lazer sight on their mill. The WM is WAY over priced and from what Ive been reading only has 1 year warrenty and is not holding up. I did a search and found a company than makes one that is applicable to most mills and has a 2 year warrenty. Has anyone tried this?

WoodChucker

AtLast, do you have a link for the site? I'd be very interested in getting one for my WM LT-15 if they really work. My eyes are not as good as they used to be and that seems like it would help a lot. Thanks!

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

WoodChucker

If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

kentuckyboy

I would be interested inhearing from someone who has and uses the laser on a WM. Pros and Cons.

Kevin

I find it just as easy to use a tape measure off the top of the bed on both ends when I have a need for it.

Russ

BBTom

I have a laser on my LT40.  It did go out once, but WM came through with a new one. Chalk up one more for WM customer service.   I get real slow when I have to saw in bright sunlight, when the laser isn't visible.  I have gotten so used to using the laser to line up the cut, that it seems to slow me down a bunch when it isn't there.  
I don't think I would ever want a mill without one.  Spend the time to align it right, and tighten it down good. Make certain that it is not vibrating much, and it should work a long time.  I know they are expensive, but I feel they are worth it. ( IMHO)
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Thank You Sponsors!