iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydronic clothes dryer

Started by al77, December 22, 2008, 12:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al77

Does anyone know a good source to buy a clothes dryer set up to run off of a outdoor wood furnace?

stonebroke

This sounds like a do it yourself project.

Stonebroke

JSNH

http://www.outdoorwoodfurnaceparts.com/new_page_8.htm

The only one I ran across. I don't have one but have though about making one or at least adding a hydronic preheat to the air input of my existing dryer.

Tom Sawyer

The guy that installed my OWB is working on converting his gas drier.  If I hear anything more I will let you know.

al77

Yeah I could do one myself, I was hoping to find a pre built unit. I saw that one at furnace parts site. I live in Va so I'm sure the shipping would be outrageous on it.

I guess there is not that big a demand yet for such a thing. I have thought about just putting a hydroninc heater in the shed and just hang the clothes. just need something to get me by in the winter.

trapper

my stepson who works at a power plant figured it out about a three and half year payback for me (3 people) at our electric rates. That is not counting the extra wood in the boiler.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!