iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did the lions win?

Started by Jeff, December 21, 2008, 06:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Do they ever  ???  ::)  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Warbird

Quote from: Corley5 on December 21, 2008, 06:49:14 PM
Do they ever  ???  ::)  ;) ;D

Ouch.  Just watched the Jets get beat by the Shehawks.  :(

blaze83

Hey Jeff.

they were in it until the game started  :D  final Saints 42 Lions 7.....they did about as well as my cleveland browns did today  otherwise known as the "fightin' romeo's" ...... 20+ quarters of "professional"  football with out a touchdown    >:(

geeze  glad the college bowel season is upon us

I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

farmerdoug

We are rooting for a perfect season here in Michigan for the Lions.  A win would be terrible. :o :D :D :D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

Its the only way the lions will ever have a streak that cant be beat.  Go Packers!

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

farmerdoug

Larry,  You haven't see the Lions lately, have you. :o :)
Doug
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

I just hope Jeff's thread doesn't jinx them. ::) :D :D :D
Doug
Fargo, MI

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff on December 21, 2008, 06:42:39 PM
Just askin...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

Quote from: Warbird on December 21, 2008, 06:50:39 PM

Great to see Favre get beat by his old coach, and by a team that had 2nd stringers in to play.  8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Patty

The Steelers got beat. What a drag....... :-\   At least it was the Titans that beat them. Go Titans!   :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

OneWithWood

The Colts beat the Jaguars on Thursday to clinch a playoff spot!  Unfortunately I was at a SWCD meeting and missed it.

The Lion's are vying to be the team with the most top draft pics ever  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Warbird

Quote from: beenthere on December 21, 2008, 08:20:09 PM
Quote from: Warbird on December 21, 2008, 06:50:39 PM

Great to see Favre get beat by his old coach, and by a team that had 2nd stringers in to play.  8) 8)

Even though I like Favre, that is not why I was disappointed by the Jets loss.  It's more that I really don't like Seattle.   ::) 

OWW:  LOL LOL

Gary_C

Now only the Packers kind-of-sort-of stand between the Lions and a perfect season. I say that because the Packers will probably try to hand the Lions the game, but they may refuse to take it.    :D :D :D

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Left Coast Chris

At lease one bad team had a bright spot.  9ers 17, Rams 16.  ........or maybe the Rams are shooting to improve thier draft pick. ::)

Singletary has made an impact for the 49ers.  Hope they keep him on.   8) 8)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Burlkraft

We got one a them big games in our house tomorrow night........ Packer/Bears

Jill is a huge Bear fan. I wish yoo guy's could watch her watch the game  :D  :D  :D

She's screamin' and jumpin' around when they do good and she's embarrassin' sailors when they do bad  :o  :o   :-X  :-X  :-X

Gary_C

The Packers and Bears played almost exactly a year ago in that painful game that made Farve wonder why he was still playing. I am not sure I even want to watch this one. Sure would not want to be a punter in that game.  :) :)

blaze83

burlcraft,

jill is a bears fan in wisconsin??  thought they threw you out of the state for that  :D :D
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Burlkraft

She snuck over the state line when nobody was lookin'  :D  :D  :D

Don't see many of them durning the winter, but come Memorial Day they all migrate north cuz they own most of the lake land in the central part of the state  >:(  >:(  >:(

OneWithWood

Same holds true for some of my wife's family.  Parts of the family lived and live in Chicago and parts live southwest of Milwaukee.

The phone lines are on fire whenever someone makes a great play or a bonehead move.

We don't try to reach any of them for abut one hour before the game and maybe a few weeks after.  :D

Now I used to be a die hard Raiders fan and my younger brother has always been a die hard Lion's fan.

I saw the light when the Colt's came to Indianapolis.  Paul is still suffering...
One With Wood

Tom Sawyer

Or did the Christians beat them this time??? ;D

Engineer

My father-in-law is a Notre Dame alum and a huge Irish fan.  My inlaws just showed up here from Indiana for the holidays and we were out to dinner tonight, we got talkin' about football.  Now I'm no football fan but you can't help but be fascinated by a train wreck.  Such is the Detroit Lions and to some extent, the Irish.  I asked him if the Lions might want to play an exhibition game against Notre Dame and he thought that the Lions would probably still lose....   :D :D :D

beenthere

Wonder what Jill is sayin now?
A few interceptions for GB.
In a tie game now, so getting excitin.
8)   

ok    Good game (for da bears)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

GB found another way to lose.  :)

Burlkraft

She fell asleep until Da Bears started tryin' the game  >:(  >:( >:(

Then she proceeds ta start abusin' me about my team  ::)  ::)  ::)

Da Bears never shudda won that game. Next up is Detroit. If we lose to them, I'll hear about it till next season  :-\  :-\  :-\

mike_van

Nice weather in the "windy city"  2F & a wind -  8)     I remember one they played there years ago called "the fog bowl"   Couldn't see from one side of the field to the other -  :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

TexasTimbers

I wonder which is the worst sports organization, the Detroit Lions or the Texas Rangers. It would be close but I would have to vote Rangers. The Lions were a powerhouse in the early years. The Rangers have at best, won a division title I think.

I believe the Lions have won some titles too, and more than the Rangers have. Both franchises stink to high heaven though.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Jeff

The lions won a championship pre-superbowl era.

estiers

Can I just say as a Lions fan that I am glad that this season is finally over?!
Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

stonebroke

The Lions made history. 0-16

Stonebroke

OneWithWood

One With Wood

Gary_C

With the Lions luck skill in the draft, they should just trade that top draft pick away.  :)

They could probably get a couple of bad picks instead of just one.  ::)

I am sure the Lions will have an impact in the top of the draft. Can you just imagine the top few picks saying "no, not me!"   :D :D

OneWithWood

One With Wood

Jeff

Until the lions are out of the hands of the Fords, you can forget about them ever being anything other then what they have ever been. Perennial heart breakers for their dedicated fans.

TexasTimbers

How 'bout them  Cowboys! Cowgirls!

At least the Lions have nil to zero expectations from their fans. Da girls were supposed to be a top Super Bowl contender this year. What a disaster. Tom Landry is rolling his eyes and probably saying something like . . . .

"Discipline matters. Integrity matters. Respect for your coach, yourself,  and each other matters."

Geez. What a mess the boys are in. All of our teams except the Stars impressive display of over-achieving last year,  have been  under-achievers.

The Mavs should have a NBA title but they went to Orlando and handed to the Magic on a plater. They were easily the better team had they played up to their potential. Same with the cowgirls now. All that talent and no discipline. No respect. No team first mentality. Their problem is in the locker room because of so many personalities on the team that Tom Landry wouldn't have.

Better to lose with decent hardworking guys than to lose with selfish, loudmouths who just make the whole team look like a train wreck. It comes from the top. Jerry should quit being a southern version of Al Davis. He's headed down that same path.

At least the Lions are losing because they don't have any talent. The cowgirls have scads of talent and what do they do? they finish the season the same time as the Lions do.

I'll trade franchises with y'all any day. Maybe the Dallas Lions would win a Super Bowl finally like the Minnesota Northstars had to do.

Tom

What're y'all talkin' 'bout, Golf?   :)

TexasTimbers

You summed it up to a tee.  smiley_mad_crazy

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 29, 2008, 12:39:46 PM
How about them RAIDERS!

What about 'em Bill? 
Now you have my curiousity up, and I need to look/see what they did.   8) 8)

Watched the Lions get beat, the Bears lose, the Jets lose  :), and the Vikings win.  Also the "girls" lose  ::)
south central Wisconsin

Gary_C

I just happened to tune in the Jets game and got to see what may well be Farve's last pass. It was typical of him as a last second play and he actually threw it twice, the last time forward from beyond the line of scrimmage.  ::)

I understand he has lost strength in his right shoulder/throwing arm and will have an MRI. I guess he will now learn what it is to be old.  :D :D

Tim L

The Jets cost my beloved Patriots the play offs .
Do the best you can and don't look back

beenthere

Because....the Jets won too many?, or lost the last game?
south central Wisconsin

Raider Bill

Quote from: beenthere on December 29, 2008, 01:49:07 PM
Quote from: Raider Bill on December 29, 2008, 12:39:46 PM
How about them RAIDERS!

What about 'em Bill? 
Now you have my curiousity up, and I need to look/see what they did.   8) 8)

They beat the Buc's which stopped any playoff hopes. :D
Other than that they stink...... are rebuilding :-\
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ron Scott

The Lions will be looking for a another head coach again also.
~Ron

Tim L

The Jets Mangini is available . He just got the ax.
Do the best you can and don't look back

Tom

What do these guys do, play musical chairs?   If I were a winning coach, I might be a little envious that I didnt get a chance to travel like the losers do.

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D I have as much interest as you do. If they would play 3 downs and give the wimp five yards and make him run it might get interesting. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

:D :D  Football is the only industry I know of where the boss can turn in a poor performance and get fired, then all the competing companies will be clamoring for him to work for them............eerrr.....oh yeah....I forgot about the auto industry and the banking industry and the government industy and.......... ??? ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bck

Quote from: TexasTimbers on December 29, 2008, 11:16:42 AM
How 'bout them  Cowboys! Cowgirls!

Even if the cowboys never win another game the dallas cowgirls will always be great  ;)

If I could wiggle my nose and make things happen the cowboys would fill the empty coaching spot the lions have  :D

Thank You Sponsors!