iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Visiting with Google Earth

Started by isawlogs, December 19, 2008, 05:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I like to get on Google and see where some of the members on here live , well where ever they place on here as home . I find it really cool to see the different lay of the land and in some cases ya can see some ofthe machines out and about .
  Its a cheap visite , but one I have fun making .  8) :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

You got that new Satellite connection and you don't know of any other way to consume the bandwidth. :D  Should be able to look at the house, barn and shed in between here. I tore down an old shed to the south last fall. I'm a little patch of land, shaped like a bent out of shape hour glass, with tater fields all around. The line running north south to the left is the international line, might even be able to see the treaty monument at the end of the field. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

I saw you looking down on my house last week Marcel. I waved at you. whiteflag_smiley
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

isawlogs

Bob ... Must be parkinsons .. that was yesterday  ::) :D

Might be able to Swampdonkey ... but Centreville, NB is kinda big when one is looking for a house he aint never seen before ...  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pigman

QuoteBob ... Must be parkinsons .. that was yesterday 

I bet that eye in the sky was the government spying on me. I sure hope I didn't make them mad waving at them.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Don_Papenburg

How many fingers did you extend while waving?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

beenthere

:D :D :D

Marcel
Were you watchin me plow snow today?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Marcel, there is a bonus for you on in the Members Map area.  Look for the icon that looks like this:

Click it and open the file with google earth.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

8)  New danfangle little buttons , always amazing me how well dey work once you know 'bout um .  :P 8)

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Quote from: isawlogs on December 19, 2008, 07:29:25 PM

Might be able to Swampdonkey ... but Centreville, NB is kinda big when one is looking for a house he aint never seen before ...  :D

I did all the work for ya man, my pin is right over the house, just click the satellite button in the profile to get the photo. Been there since Jeff installed Google over a year ago. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Banjo picker

Hey Marcel, when you get a chance, see if you can see my place.  I just went and put the pin in as close as I could.  Might not have got it hardly far enough away from the road.  I planted most of the horse chesnuts along that little creek that runs just east of the house. 
If I got it right there is my house, then the barn, then the saw shead.  If you can see an actual picture you should be able to see the mill shed.  Its about 30 x 105 with a metal roof.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

tcsmpsi

Hmmmm.....well, Marcel, reckon I can confess.  I think yours was one of the first places I looked at when I started looking some time ago. 

Just curious, you know.   :)

Of course, I have looked in on several members over time.   ;D

Google isn't right on about  the names of the roads around my place.  I have placed my pointer as close as I can to where the house is.  Though it is still well covered as far as google will view the spot.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

SwampDonkey

I see where Japan is threatening to sue Google over privacy issues. They don't want the public to see a public servant minister leaving a strip club. You laugh, but that was in the story. :D

Ernie

There are quite a few members in New Zealand but when I zoom in, the only ones that are available are the Petersen staffers, what am I doing wrong??
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

ARKANSAWYER

OK here is the ARKANSAWYER SAWMILL site.  The photo must be a few years of as it does not show the sawmill but how the land was when I bought it.  It is just below the highway and mostly looks like woods.

Well it did not work  ???  The address is 2797 HY 62/412 East, Flippin, AR.
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

You have to put yourself on the map using your profile before the members map/google function pics you up.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I had a memory lapse there for a bit. As I recall, the photo over my place was obscured by clouds, unless they have new clear updates since then.

Dang them clouds, puts a crimp on those spies.  :D :D

isawlogs

Well there's a good way for the wimines not to find ya ...  Hide behind a cloud .  :D

Marcel

WAP Man

Quote from: Jeff on December 19, 2008, 11:09:08 PM
Marcel, there is a bonus for you on in the Members Map area.  Look for the icon that looks like this:

Click it and open the file with google earth.

Jeff -- through me a life jacket .... I see I'm residing in the Bay Of Fundy ..Ha ha
Co-ordinates must be a bit funky

ARKANSAWYER

OK I got a pin on the map.  Now maybe it will show up

MapQuest has a more recent photo but has the address about a mile east from where I am.  No wonder no one can find me.
ARKANSAWYER

LeeB

You can't hide Arky. I know where you're at.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

OneWithWood

Geez, I hope that bird isn't flying over when ma nature calls.... :-\
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!