iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How long have you all been Married?

Started by Papa1stuff, December 19, 2008, 07:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

Firstly CONGRATS Papa1 and MrsPapa1...

Also Congrats Bibby and Mary!!!  Nicely done!

Quote from: Tim L on December 19, 2008, 07:55:51 PM
coming up on 12 years in Feb. It seems like a weekend compared to the couple of years I was married to the anti -christ before that . That seemed like forever . Ever have one of those "what was I thinkin" moments ?

I think our exes were probably related...  Did 10 years (14 if you count the pre-marriage stuff).

First marriage started on Dec 7th...  Anniversary of Pearl Harbour and pretty much sums it up, just about that same level of hurt.

THIS time round is MUCH better, he's my darling. Been together 7.5 years. Not married *yet*...  (Haven't dragged him down the aisle yet...  :-\ )

Still, I can run a sawmill, can cook up a storm and can run a tractor, so I figure he'll marry me sooner or later...  :)

Quote from: timberfaller390 on December 22, 2008, 04:22:07 PM
Oh yeah. Did I mention her daddy is the area sales rep for CAT forestry equipment?

Now THAT was a foolish bit of information to let go of...  If YOU don't ask her NOW, someone else around here might!!!  ;D

Quote from: GASoline71 on December 22, 2008, 09:28:52 PMlookin' for a good woman.  Must be able to sew patches in Carhartt doubles, remove hydraulic fluid stains from clothing, wake up at 4am to make good strong coffee, sharpen saw chains, mix 2-stroke premix correctly, and have a 28" bar on a Stihl 046/460. 

Sorry, My saw's a little Tanaka arborist saw...  Oh, but, I'm sorta took...   :-*

Quote from: lmbeachy on December 24, 2008, 06:53:11 PM
Next November it will be 50 years, and if I could find her I would do it again.lmbeachy

Is she lost?

Did you retrace your steps???  Where'd ya leave her???

Quote from: Texas Ranger on December 20, 2008, 09:42:55 AM
I found out that begging and gifts work well. 8)

Now THERE'S a SMART man you can ALL learn from :)

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Papa1stuff

Thank you asy!
Love your dog ,we had a Kerry Blue ,looked something like your dog !
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

bd354

24 years, amazes me what that woman can put up with. Got a good'un the first time.

Samuel

10 years in February... My rats... 1 Boy 6 (Nick) , 1 Girl 9(Aspen), and another due this next month
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Woodchuck53

Happy New Year all, concrats to all also. Mine and me are app. 33 yrs. My adoptive grandparents are still foxtrotting at 72 together. Enjoy it. Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

bull

21 years today  8) 8) She's still smiling, or maybe thats laughter !!!

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sawguy21

We aren't officially married but she says we might as well be.  :D Seriously, we have been together just over a year and life could not be better.I just turned 60 and this is my first time, she has been married before, and let me tell you what. It has been a sharp learning curve. ;D Still, I would not trade her for anything.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Handy Andy

Guess I'm one of the ol farts on here.  Let's see, got hitched when we were 21, now we are 57, so guess that figures 36, at the next anniversary.  Course I can't remember the date. 
My name's Jim, I like wood.

pigman

Andy, if you don't remember the date on 36, there will not be a 37. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

fishpharmer

I am impressed with the fidelty of forestry forum members.  That gives me hope.

I wish I had known Radar67's granddaddy when I first got married.  His advice woulda saved me some grief.

I met my wife when I was in sixth grade, she was in eigth.  The prettiest girl I ever met back then...still the prettiest to me.

Didn't date her till I was a junior in HS.  She was in college  8)   My folks moved away in 1984.  I moved back in 1997 she married me in 1998.  I am her second.  But she is my first and last.

Got a boy and girl, great kids.
She puts up with and supports my crazy ideas....

She helps me fix fence and hatch fish, she really is awesome.

I just couldn't make it without her now.

Coming up on 11 years in March. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thompsontimber

We're still newbies I reckon, got a long ways to go to catch bout any of yall.  Been married 5 years in May.  We are early on but going stronger all the time, so good Lord willing we will be able to boast of those big numbers faster than I can imagine, as these first 5 years have sure flown by...had our firstborn this past August, he's as stubborn, wild and mean as his Daddy  ;D

Already playin with a log truck too...hope that don't mean he is gonna be smart as his Daddy! Hoping he would take after his mom on that one

DWM II

My wife and I celebrated 14 years yesterday by seeing The Curious Life of Benjamin Button, which by the way was a good movie.
Stewardship Counts!

JaxSawyer

rowerwet

10 years in august (14th) I picked the date because it is 6 months oposite feb 14 which is the date  we started dating. so far a 6 yr old, 4 yr old, 7 month old, and one in heaven.
  Congrats to everyone else!
Husky 460, Fiskars x27, X7

cheyenne

I was married once for 8 days in 1964 >:( :o and have been single ever since. Then in 2002 I met Effie again, we were childhood sweathearts at 14, and we have been together ever since. It was well worth the wait.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) All good things come in time....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

neslrite

It's been 8 years but feels like 16 because we spend all our time together either at home or work ;D

I wouldn't change it.
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Paschale

Still looking...thought I'd found the one a couple of years ago, but she had other plans.   ::)  But I think things happen the way they're supposed to, not the way we want them to go.  I just wish the "supposed to" would include a wife, at least by age 40.   ::)

This is what I'm curious about: ; how'd you and your spouse meet?  I'm always encouraged by those stories where people meet in the most unlikely of fashions.  I don't seem to have much luck with the ladies the conventional ways,  ;D, so I'm hoping for some sort of miracle.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Wildflower

How we met ??? Let see if I can remember back that far   :D

OK here it goes, I was talking on a CB Radio when this person came on and tried to talk to me, He sounded kind of interesting so I decided to talk to him. Well we talked for a while and he tells me hes with a church group and wants me to come meet him there.   ::)
Well the place he wanted me to meet him was in the middle of the woods and I was a little apprehensive at the thought, So I said I would come but I was bringing my Mom. He said go ahead and so I did.  As we are driving I am still talking to him and he is saying ok now when you pass Ann on a paper plate you have to turn at the next plate marked Jill, So I followed his direction and all the while my Mom is fidgeting and asking me if I really want to keep going?  I stated yes I was curious now. So we keep driving and when we get clear back in the middle of the woods there is a car sitting there and I tell him to get out so I can see him.  He gets out and I look at my Mom and told her I was going to Marry him.  Mom says you can know that your going to marry him and I said OH YES I CAN. And I did
We have been happy for going on 29 years this year. ;D

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Roxie

I had a weekend job waitressing at a local truck stop.  My son's were grown and out of the house, so the weekend job was as much for my social life as the income.  I met a lot of people working at that diner, but no one that I would have been interested in dating, until one day I noticed this guy sitting with some friends.  I asked one of the other waitresses if she knew if he was single.  She said, "yes he is."  I said, "You're kidding."  She said, "No, he is single, and I've known him for years, and he's a really nice guy."

Well, that was October of 2000.  I waited on him and tried to flirt every way that I could, but he just wasn't getting the point, or I figured he just wasn't interested.  Still, one day in January 2001, I took his breakfast order (eggs over light, rare steak) and when I brought his breakfast to him, he asked me if he could have some hot sauce.  I asked him if he wanted the small bottle of really hot sauce, or the taller bottle of milder hot sauce, and he said, "Either one will be fine, I'm easy to get along with."  I said, "I'll make a note of it."   :D   He finally looked me in the eye. 

Just to show it's never too late for true love, Cowboy Bob was 45 when we finally got together.  Old rodeo guy had never been married, and I fear trying to tie a knot on him would prolly take the spirit out of him, so we've let it be, and we're very happy. 
Say when

Norm

Now those are some good stories. :)

We went to high school together but she was a year older than me so we really never had any classes together. I was the night janitor at our local hospital and she was a nurse's aide working the same shift. I'd run into her while doing my job as often as possible without incurring the wrath of the head nurse. Sometimes I think she just felt sorry for me as I was very shy and would probably never ask her out for a date. But one evening we wound up at my buddies snowmobile shop and she ended up riding with me. Even though my feet were so cold my toes about feel off I could have ridden all night. We dated off and on until I finally got my head out of my lower extremities and asked her to marry me.

And as the story goes we lived happily ever after....that's my version and don't believe a thing Patty will tell you otherwise. ;)

Paschale

These are all good stories.   :)  Keep 'em coming!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Radar67

I spied mine across the court yard when I was a Senior in high school. Asked one of her friends if she was dating anyone and her friend informed me that her Mom was not letting her date yet.

Fast forward about a month. I went into the store where her Mom worked one morning on the way to school and asked her Mom if she knew anyone who might want to go to the drive-in that weekend. She said she didn't.

Went back in that afternoon and her mom asked if I found a date, told her no. She said she knew someone who might go, but I would have to call her and ask. I asked who, she said her daughter. I called and we've been together since. She was a sophomore.

(The movie? Friday the 13th part 1,2,and 3. Early February)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!