iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Miller...Hello

Started by Paul G, December 18, 2008, 08:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

Greetings All,
New miller here, my name is Paul Gregor, I am from NE PA and I recently purchased a new Peterson WPF. I am looking for work, looking for logs, and looking for friends. Any help in my new endeavor is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from you all.
P. Gregor

badpenny

Greetings, and welcome aboard
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

thedeeredude

Howdy smiley_wavy  Where in northeast Pa are you?  I'm in Berks County.

beenthere

Welcome to the Forum.

Friends for sure, so pull up a stump. How about some chat about how you ended up with the Peterson? All set up or waiting for it to arrive?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jdtuttle

Welcome Paul,
You'll find a wealth of information here.
I'm a couple hours north of you near Ithaca NY. Look me up if you ever come up this way.
I'm just learning too.
Jim
Have a great day

woody1

Welcome...another PA'er here. Glad to have ya. 8) 8)
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Burlkraft

Welcome aboard Paul   ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Don K

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

sawmilllawyer

Welcome, lots of good information here some characters too. You'll see what I mean when they come drifting in here. So tell us about the Peterson and even though I have'nt figured it out pics, love those pics.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

John_Haylow

Welcome to the forum Paul.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

SwampDonkey

Welcome to the forum Paul. There is lots to read and a "search" feature up on the menu bar, a knowledge base (Forum Extras) and some volume calculator tools (Forestry Forum Toolbox). And lots of room for many questions, personal experiences and "wood work" advice. Also, a good alternative to the TV, but from time to time we may refer members to a certain forestry related show, heck even "Survivor" has a thread of it's own. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Meadows Miller

Gday
and welcome to the forum Paul  ;) ;D ;D 8) what size peterson wpf did you get and is it all setup ready to go  8) or still on the the boat Mate  :( ;)

Reguards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Chuck White

Welcome to the forum Paul.

I haven't been here all that long, but I've been digging up information/advice since day one!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dutchman

Welcome Paul.
I live in McKeesport area, south of Pittsburgh.
I own property outside of Leeper, Clarion Co.
Haul the mill up there about once a year.

johnjbc

Welcome Paul Good to see more members from Pa.
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

coldnorth

Hi Paul,
I am from NE PA also. Kingsley to be exact.
Where are you?
I don't do much on the forum, except a lot of 'lurking' and learning.

Got a small manual mill and a few pieces of equipment. small homebrew solar kiln, and some woodworking stuff.

Lamar E  (coldnorth)

If you want something done correctly, you have to do it yourself.

Paul G

Wow! Thanks for welcome. I am located in Brodheadsville, Monroe County, PA. I am just getting all the pieces together and now ready to some milling. I'll be sawing for others as well as myself.
My mill is a peterson 27 hp, 8 in. WPF with electric vertical sizing and the hi/lo track system. The reason I went with the WPF is its simplicity. No hydraulics to maintain or bands to replace, or expensive sharpening machines. It just seemed like a good, well thought out, modern version of the reliable circular mill. I also like the idea that it fit in the bed of my truck, making transportation easier and allowing me to pull a trailer at the same time. Hope I didn't just start one of those band vs swing debates.

beenthere

Quote from: Paul G on December 20, 2008, 11:13:19 AM
.............. Hope I didn't just start one of those band vs swing debates.

For the most part, what I have seen is we try to support the decisions of the members...after all, it is there choice. Each have their place. Some even have both.... ;D ;D ;D  Those can't turn down any logs, as either/or will be able to handle it.

Did you see this thread of the redwood log found in Madison, WI?

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,25028.0.html

Most important, is you like it. You will get good help here on any questions.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ARKANSAWYER

Welcome to our world.  Greetings and Salutations.  Now just a note for you.  WE like photos.  Photos of fist cuts, cool cuts and cuts into the mill. (I know hard to do on a swinger)  Also, where do you stand on the issue of Grits.  Grits may cause you more greif then band vs swing.
ARKANSAWYER

Captain

Welcome and glad to see you posting Paul.  Let us know how we can help.

Captain

farmerdoug

Welcome aboard, Paul.  You are well situated with all the members in your area.  Love to hear more as you start sawing. 8)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

ErikC

Welcome Paul

I also have a Peterson WPF. Hope you enjoy yours too. If anyone here can help, they will.

Good Luck

Erik
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!