iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Working On Posting Pictures

Started by RMay, July 17, 2003, 03:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMay

I finally got one of my pictures to 350x350 and under 15K thats plain enough to see.Now im working on getting it to show up on here.

RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

dan-l-b

You got it going now Rmay.  I noticed from your web site you have a chair on your mill.  I don't.  How do you like it?  Can you operate the log movement controls at the end of the WM easily?  Can you still walk with the head if you want?  Is the chair easy on and off?  I am thinging of getting one... but $600 :o :o :o 8) 8) Maybe get to meet you in MT Vernon on Sat.  DAn

RMay

The seat is the way to go if you have a off bearer working with you . It can come off in two or three min. if you have 20 foot logs . It will save a lot of boot leather  8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bibbyman

You may be able to look around and pick up a used seat.  Mt. Vernon would be a good place to start asking.  Sometimes people will get the seat with a new mill and find it just don't work well for them.  Sometimes people get the seat along with a used mill and never use it.  

We got a seat with the 96 Super we bought used.  We used it off and on for a few months.  I got to where I liked it and could do a lot just setting on the seat.  But it had to go as Mary was doing the offbearing and it made it look like I had it too easy.

As Roy says, it works well when you have an offbearer but when working alone or have to provide other functions,  it does not work well because you are always getting on and off the thing.

Noble has a seat on his mill and uses it most of the time.

BTW,  Roy,  is that a new ton Jemmy you're showing us?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Dan,

I always use the seat while sawing grade lumber.  When we cut pallet logs,  I disconnect the seat (lift a little latch) and push it to the end of the mill out of the way.  We slab those logs off in as big a pieces as two people can handle and saw them on the scragg mill and resaw.  I have never taken the seat completely off as I havn't cut long logs since we got this mill.  I think you have to remove it to cut stuff over 14 or 16 ft.

I really like the seat as I'm old and lazy.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

OneWithWood

Noble may be old but I have never met a dairyman who was lazy!

Of course I ain't never met Noble  ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

RMay

Bibby I traded trucks two weeks ago my old truck was a GMC that I run 9 years with out a problem . The new truck I,ve had a breakdown ever day, so for a new starter, fan belt ,spark plugs  and a electrical problem no lights, believe fuel pump is going out . The car lot is going broke on warranty work :D

Thank You Sponsors!