iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

does anyone collect old homelite stuff

Started by timberfaller390, December 15, 2008, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberfaller390

I have a few old homelite products like a tool box, small felling wedges and a file-o-plate with homelite stamped on it instead of carlton. Does anyone collect such things?
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Al_Smith

Not me ,just the saws .A couple of boat anchor gear driives .In addition the long and short of it ,in a matter of speaking .A super xl and a 2100S .

Urbicide

I'm sure a Homelite collector would be interested. Might want to check at this site.

http://www.houseofhomelite.proboards55.com/index.cgi

GASoline71

Eric's site (House of Homelite)  is a good site...

I only collect the saws too... mainly the big ones.   ;D

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

Urbicide

mike_van

Not Gary the oil expert?   :D :D   I heard that any question on oil mix, Gary's got the answer!  :D      8)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

olyman

Quote from: mike_van on December 18, 2008, 04:30:07 PM
Not Gary the oil expert?   :D :D   I heard that any question on oil mix, Gary's got the answer!  :D      8)
the same!!! good to have you on board gary---should have some fun and laughs!!!!  got the engine back in the gmc yet???

GASoline71

It's in there... but it's been to cold to try to break it in... Gonna be waitin' for awhile with the cold snap we gots...

Thanks for the welcome guys... just forward any oil realted BS to me...  :D

Gary

olyman

Quote from: GASoline71 on December 18, 2008, 05:51:04 PM
It's in there... but it's been to cold to try to break it in... Gonna be waitin' for awhile with the cold snap we gots...

Thanks for the welcome guys... just forward any oil realted BS to me...  :D

Gary
:D :D :D

olyman

gary--figure out why it took and the cam and crank---???

Urbicide

Quote from: olyman on December 21, 2008, 12:18:24 PM
Wonder if it was oil related? smiley_monkeyfight smiley_monkeyfight

WILDSAWMILL

i collect c5-c7  got one dad bought new in 1964
Kascosaw2B

GASoline71

Quote from: Urbicide on December 21, 2008, 08:02:53 PM
Quote from: olyman on December 21, 2008, 12:18:24 PM
Wonder if it was oil related? smiley_monkeyfight smiley_monkeyfight

It was... I used a different type of lube on the cam and lifters.  It was the only thing I did different out of the countless engines I've rebuilt.  Stuff was supposed to be the hot ticket...  But I lost the cam on initial break in, and when the metal got in the oil... it ate the rod and main bearings...

I called the manufacturer of the lube, and of course, according to them it was my fault.  They know how to cover their tracks... Lesson learned is:  don't change your ways if somethin' is workin' right.

Sorry for the derail... Go Homelite!!!   :D

Gary

olyman

gary--i had the same thing happen with a k&n air filter in my truck--ruined the engine--never again--and they blame the owner over and  over---uh huh!!!

ely

this thread reminds of a deal at the gas station the other day. i seen a kid,21years old, pull up in a small pickup and noticed a handle bar sticking up in the back of the truck. so i went over to say hello and see what saw he had. it was an old xl, but it still had all the instructional stickers or paint on it. looked brandnew. said his mom found it in a case in the dumpster hwere she lived. anyway his grandpa wound up with it and he used a small part off another saw to make it work.
the kid tells me its the only saw i can leave granpas house with. also told me the saw was "loud as hell"  :D

WILDSAWMILL

quoit also told me the saw was "loud as hell"
thats right my c5 damaged my hearing before i was 17. extremly loud
Kascosaw2B

Al_Smith

Loud,you bet .A majority of the old Macs and Homeys had no muffler what so ever .Just a stub pipe spark arrester type gizmo . No muffler to mod on those things .

GASoline71

Like my 770G and Zip... I think the "muffler" is actually cast into the cylinder and you bolt the screen cover thingy on to it... :D

My 770G sounds like a dirt bike.

Gary

Thank You Sponsors!