iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Animal Trivia

Started by Ron Scott, July 15, 2003, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

The red bumps on a turkey's head are called "carnuckles".
~Ron

Tom

I didn't know that. :D

The fastest -moving land snail, the common garden snail, has a speed of 0.0313 mph.

Mark M

What's that white stuff in chicken poop?

More chicken poop :o

Tom

Ok Ron, You've done it now! :-/

A capon is a castrated rooster.

CHARLIE

An average canary has 2,200 feathers. :P
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

A zebra is white with black stripes.

CHARLIE

Nope, they're black with white stripes! :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

No they aren't! :D

Did you know a woodpecker can peck twenty times a second.

CHARLIE

They sure as hell are!

The average cat can hit 30 miles an hour for a short distance.
Charlie

Tom

Yer full of beans.  They aren't black, they're white.

Adult cats with no health problems are in deep sleep 15 percent of their lives. They are in light sleep 50 percent of the time.

Mark M

Actually Zebras are born colorless and on maturing develop both black and white stripes. Because of this unusual trait they are very difficult to spot until they are full grown. Only the young zebra's raised in captivity have stripes and it because of a special diet of black and white zebra pellets. In some cases the pellets are unevenly distributed so some zebras end up with more white stripes and other with more black stripes. I'm sure this is the reason for Tom and Charlie's disagreement since they probably have only seen zebra's raised in zoos.

Mark

woodmills1

Do tigers have striped skin or striped fur? ::)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

I dunno bout tigers but zebras are white with black stripes.  I looked at one of'ems belly on TV.  Charlie's just a dummy.

I'de think they would have some pigment in their skin that would match the hair somehow but I never saw a tiger skin.

I'm still codgitating about those clear zebras though.  I dont think I believe that :-/

Did you know a  cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime?

What' s a Tiger skin look like?

OneWithWood

A Tiger's skin looks like, well, a tiger's skin
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Mark M

Tom - when a cow laughs does milk come out of her nose?

Tom

Ha ha, I never called them noses before. :D

Seriously, what a sight that would be.  When I laugh, it comes out of my nose. :-/  That is...if I'm drinking milk at the time.  Bye the Bye......Charlie phrase.......Coke hurts your nose if you do that. :D

Did ya know ants don't sleep?  

Aunt Mattie used to doze a lot but that doesn't count.

Bro. Noble

Well Tom,  you're sure beginning to lose credibility with me

We have milked for over 20 years and I've never seen a cow give a glass of milk--------Glasses come from Wal-Mart,  didn't anyone ever tell you  ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

Yeah, I know, but ya gotta talk in measurements that folks understand.  I just can't picture an udder of milk. Well, that's not true, but, I can't figure out how many udders of milk a cow produces relative to my peanut butter sandwich. :-/  ...or something like that : :-/

Hey!  Look what I found.  "Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur. "

Did you know:
Brazil's animal celebrity, Tiao the chimpanzee, died of diabetes.. He was 34. Tiao was the star attraction of the Rio Zoo in Rio de Janeiro and he was so popular that he was nominated as a candidate for the 1988 mayoral elections in the city. He didn't win, but polled more than 400,000 votes to come in third.

We run monkeys for office in the USA also. :D

Fabiola

Tiao had no campaign at all. That time the election were made in papers. Now that is in eletronic we can not vote for any amimais at least not the one we wanted.
By the way, I did not vote for him. :D :D :) ;)
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Tom

Good for you Fabiola.  Unfortunately I have some friends who continue to vote for monkeys.   I buy'em books and buy'em books but they never learn a thing. :D

Hey Noble!   look what else I just found.  Have you ever heard of this?  Twelve or more cows are known as a "flink."

That's a new one on me.  :)

Have you got flinks down there, Fabiola?

Fabiola

What flink is? ??? ??? ???
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Jeff

Have you ever saw a terd of hurtles?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

No! but I've seen a Horse Fly. :D

A flink is supposed to be more than 12 cows, Fabiola.  I never heard of the term before.

Bro. Noble

I never heard that one about 13 or more cows.  Wonder if it applies to cattle used for draft purposes?

Funny some of the names for groups of animals-----gaggle,  pride,  etc.

Makes ya think of some good names for other bunches------like a bunch of women,  or a bunch of Texans  ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Fabiola

Not in Rio but São Paulo has big farms for Caw, milk the most. At the south of Brasil they have it for meat!
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Thank You Sponsors!