iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's COLD Outside !!!!!!

Started by DR_Buck, December 06, 2008, 06:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

That's it Larry, keep showing us those big fish and a bunch of us will just have to go over to your place and have a big fish fry. 8) ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

okmulch

Here in Oklahoma  it is a nice 65 degrees today but we have a strong south wind at about 20 mph gusting to 30 mph.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Corley5

Beautiful bright sunny day with a slight breeze and temps around 20F.  Perfect winter weather except for the thigh deep snow cover  ::)  Winter storm warnings are out for tomorrow afternoon thru Wed.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

There has been snow in the air since last night this time and there still ain't much more than two inches counting the skiff from the storm before. Rain some time this week again they say. So far, another Winter 2005, crust and ice.  ::) Ice isn't bad yet though. I did see snow buntings today.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Larry

Pigman, that sounds good to me...might have to twist Norm's arm to cookem up for us. 8) 8)

I'm going again in the morning as the weatherman says we may be blessed with some of that white stuff also...want to make sure I have plently of food to outlast a blizzard. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Dave Shepard

It's getting a bit chilly again. Will be in the teens most nights this coming week. Got an inch of snow this morning and the wind blew it around all day like it was a blizzard.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Chuck White

It's -14° here right now!

Makes me glad I'm done sawing for the season!

Couldn't imagine sawing at this temperature!

Stay warm out there fellas!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mike_van

Here's the weather this AM from Mt. Washington N.H.
Temperature -19.3°F
Wind 68.2 mph
Direction 314° (NW)
Gust 103.6 mph
Wind Chill -62.7°F
Monday 5:45 AM     

I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Tim L

6 degrees here -11 degrees with the wind chill
Do the best you can and don't look back

Maineloggerkid

about 2 degrees here with the wind howling. Fun day in the woods. :-\  I don't mind the cold, but the wind drives thru me.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

SwampDonkey

6 F above here this morning, coldest it's been yet. It's 6 in Caribou Maine to.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

-22C here , good icecicle weather .  ;D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Well now it's cold enough that I don't feel like I'm wasting my wood in the shop for fire. So that is where I'm off to. ;D

Dodgy Loner

Got down to 12o here the last week of November.  19o this morning.  This is shaping up to be a cold winter! smiley_sick
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Warbird

Hey...  who told you guys to send the cold air back up here?  It is -21 F this morning!  I want that 20 above weather back!   smiley_christmas

isawlogs

Weather is supose to turn by the middle of the week and be hoovering around 15C with rain for thursday  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Couple inches of snow coming tomorrow off the Great Lakes, then rain on Wednesday for here with strong winds.

chep

not to scare you or anything, but @ 7:10 this morning it was -10.5 degrees F.
come visit the adirondacks
the sun is shining

SwampDonkey

Sun here to, all day. But windy as well. I stayed in the shop with a fire and now here I am. The government road crew is going to wear out the plow running up and down scraping 1-2" of snow 3 times a day. Well after the first there must be almost none. ::)

dolittle

I had -8 F this morning with -28F windchills.  Warmed up to 1 above but windchills were still -18.  I lasted 1.5 hrs outside (not in wind) moving tractor implements around then stayed indoors all day.

moonhill

I am not sure what the temp, but it was cold.  Raised half a frame by hand with some good help.  Had to bust the trail into the site. Trees bent into the road, heavy with a frozen wet snow.  Parts of downeast, Maine received 12" of snow, here on the coast it changed over to snow later we got 2" of wet heavy snow which is stuck to everything and than the temp dropped.  I am still chilled from the day.  It was a very active day so I was not cold,  it has now caught up it seem.   

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

thecfarm

Only about 2 inches here of that white stuff.It's 5° here now.I'll be back in 2 days to tell you it's 40°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moonhill

Or maybe 56.  All right where do you get the little circle for degrees? I can't find it on my keyboard.

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

isawlogs

There is a box above the smileys  that sayes " special characters " clic and it drops down  you will find a whole bunch of new things there  ¢°©®£ §  and more ...

Marcel

sawguy21

Marcel, I know you are cold but it's not THAT bad. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!