iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fixer Upper

Started by beenthere, December 05, 2008, 09:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Drove by this "cabin" in the neighborhood today, so took a snapshot. This old cabin has tickled the fancy of many persons who want to get it restored. I think, but not sure I remember correctly, that the owner wanted to tear it down and remove it, or get someone to take it somewhere else. But it apparently has ended up on some historic register so he cannot.

There have been several attempts by individuals and groups to rehab the structure, only to have miserable results.

Thought the pics would be intersting.

overall

Zoom in pic:
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

zopi

Bit drafty, eh?

Bet it would have some stories to tell.

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Ron Scott

Do you know its history and what placed it on the Registry of Historic Places. It probably could be restored with concurrence of the State Historic Preservation Officer, but must be restored to its original condition.
~Ron

beenthere

Ron
I don't, but I will try to find out.

A few attempts to restore, but without "good, knowledgeable help" from the looks of it. I was surprised to see the one wall collapsed, as I had heard that some work was done and it was talked of being successful.   Guess not.  ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Looks really old. Musta been a homesteader. I see a nice modern barn beside it.  ;D

Now for my comment.  ::) Whose business is it, other than the person with the property rights, if he/she wants to demolish a severely run down shack that obviously the do gooders aren't going to be taking care of? Ok, I better stop there.  :-X
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tim L

all it needs is a little paint and paper . This diamond in the rough offers views on all four sides complete with fresh air systems already in place . Recent security system allows for monitoring outside activities at the turn of the head . Unique opportunity to own a piece of history yet have all the modern conveniences. Call now to own this vintage bargain !
Do the best you can and don't look back

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!