iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

IE issues when posting

Started by brdmkr, December 03, 2008, 09:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

::)  Its almost Christmas , nock a bigger hole in that sock and let a little more trickle out and just go get the movie , no sense waiting it out . :D

I had to use my back button on an IM ... I am sortof used to it now .  :D

Edit
  :it did again ...   The following error occured:

Error Code = 1299. Unknown TCP connection error.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For More Information, Please Click Here.

This is wjhat comes up when clicking here ..... 

Terminal Internal Error
Unknown URL Requested. Please retry executing the command.

At least its in english this time for you .  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

I don't know what you did, but it's great.  There are cheerleaders, pole dancers and Birthday girls scrolling up the sides of the screen.  A flashing sign at the bottom says Last chance in 200 miles and the sign at the top blinks Cntrl/Alt/L for winning Lotto Numbers.  There is a new topic under forestry education that reads " Free Caribbean Cruises and nickles keep popping out of the select/auto button on the monitor.  Keep it up!  Keep it up!! ;D

isawlogs

Pampered   eh eh .. !!!!   I need some of your medication ...  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

:D :D :D :D :D

Happy for you Tom.. ;D ;D

What was the medicine???  ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

brdmkr

I'm at home now.  Let's see if it is more betterer.

bird marker
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

brdmkr

WOOO HOOO fast as lightning.

Bridge maker
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

SwampDonkey

Takes a little thumping on the floor to get stuff to roll sometimes.  ;)

Happy for ya Tom.  :D

Now I gotta go to the Tree ID board and load the Twig ID pages. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Quote from: isawlogs on December 04, 2008, 05:14:03 PM

Error Code = 1299. Unknown TCP connection error.

Ah HA!  Well, that problem is solved. At least for me. ;D

Thats a windows error code. that means its Marcels machine that needs help. You need to contact your ISP if that started after you got your new connection and tell them what the code is. They may be able to help by giving you a new tcp/ip setting.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Wow, I'm seeing the images load as they should without the process timing out. I even added a picture of some ash tree seed, black and white side by side comparison.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

::)  Boy , ya need to talk English here and slowly ....

You need to contact your ISP if that started after you got your new connection and tell them what the code is. They may be able to help by giving you a new tcp/ip setting.

Who is and what is and for what . ???

Marcel

SwampDonkey

All I can say is you were lucky you never had to get online or configure your internet software manually like some of us poor saps had to in the beginning. And I don't mean just punching in user name and password. :D :D

I can see Marcel now when the lady on the line asks him to "log on to the internet and read our FAQ and help pages."

"I can't get on in the first place let alone read an online FAQ!!" :D

I'll let Jeff explain the lingo. ;D

Jeff

Call your Internet Service provider and explain to them the error you are getting that you posted.

Error Code = 1299. Unknown TCP connection error

farmerdoug

Jeff,  I use Windows and AOL.  I was having posting timeouts for a while.  I attributed it to AOL.  But I am posting without problems now.  Glad for the fix. 8) 8)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Warbird

Jeff, did you change anything back?  Just had it hang up on me this morning.  Same thing, clicked "post" and it hung, eventually going to a blank page as if it didn't get the 'return' from the forum that the post was successful and redirecting me back to the thread with my new post in it.

*edit* Happened on this post, too, making it 2 posts in a row.  Things seem laggy for me this morning so maybe it's my ISP or something.  It 'feels' like the exact same thing I was experiencing before, tho.

isawlogs

Might be an innocent question  ::)   What could go wrong If , I dont call um ... the worst is I use the back button and not complain ...... Or complete melt down gonna happen  ???

Marcel

Jeff

Nope, didn't change a thing.

Marcel, I think the only thing that could happen would be a higher consumption of christmas cookies while you wait for the pages to change.

pineywoods

I see the delay and blank page occasionally. Usually when I take a while to type up my post. Don't think it's IE. I run firefox. More likely a windows problem.  Come to think of it, I don't recall eveer seeing it when I log on with my linux system. Bunch of other problems there which I attribute to a new release of firefox,, Firefox 3 for linux still has a few bugs...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beenthere

Not complaining, for sure. But posting just in case for testing, it is still worth knowing.

Received the delay, whereas flipping to another window to look, the post went right through.

This is the screen.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

isawlogs

Hey I get that page too ... but in French ,  8)  Do we win something .  ???   :)

Marcel

Jeff

Thats a page when you lose connectivity to the internet. That page comes internally from your computer, not from the forum.

beenthere

Might be, but I don't lose connectivity until after the post is posted. So it is something to do with feedback....seems to me. Seems after the post goes to the FF, the "system" wants to send me back to the FF, but cannot find that thread to show my new post.  Re-connecting to the Forum works ok, either through the "back" feature, or signing on again.

I won't concern myself with it anymore. Doesn't really bother me.  :) :) :)
south central Wisconsin

Warbird

Mine simply hangs for 15 - 30 seconds, then goes to a blank screen.  I am using Firefox as my browser.  There is a quick and simple way to avoid this.  I didn't post it before because I didn't want to circumvent anything.  Since it seems that will not be the case... 

I almost always use the "Quick Reply" method for posting.  Once I click "post" and nothing happens for ~15 seconds and it looks like it's going to hang like this, I simply click on the "Go" button next to the little "Jump to forum" box.  The forum you are currently browsing in is always pre-selected.  It always takes me back to that forum and I always see that the thread I was attempting to post in has moved to the top and my name shows as the 'last poster'.

Anyway...  this saves me 10 - 30 seconds per post but more importantly, saves me having to click the 'back' button in the browser to get back to the forums.

Thank You Sponsors!