iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does anyone here read.....

Started by Ed, December 03, 2008, 09:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Farm Show magazine? I've been getting them secondhand from a friend, excellent publication!
It's a newspaper format "magazine" with no adds, all about stuff people have built/modified for their farms.

http://www.farmshow.com/

Ed

scsmith42

Ed, I've been a Farm Show subscriber for a couple of years.  Lots of good ides there!

I seem to recall a thread about them a year or two back...

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

pineywoods

Yep, been a regular subscriber for years...Lots of good stuff, some of it a little beyond my capabilities, like homemade tractors made from earth-mover parts ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Maineloggerkid

JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

old joe

I wait for it.  Got some good ideas.  Need more skills to make more stuff!!
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

Dan_Shade

i get a subscription for my dad every year, and one for myself,  he enjoys it too.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

stonebroke

Most of the stuff is from midwest farmers with way too much time on their hands in the winter. Amazing how many different things you can make a combine into.

Stonebroke

bd354

I've been getting Farm show for several years also. Great magazine. wish they did one every month

Dave Shepard

I've been getting it off and on for almost twenty years. Great publication.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

zopi

hmm..thanks for turning me on to that...hafta check it out...I really dig the 4wd articulated hydro cub cadet in the current issue...put a harley mill in it and take it to the garden tractor pulls...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Cedarman

Stonebroke,  one combine is good for about a million acres a year (or so it seems), so they got all these unused combines sitting around doing nothing but rusting and farmers are not known for sitting idle after they get out of the coffee shop and...
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Polly

:)    i like to read the foxfire books about how old time people used to live i think their is nine different books  :P :P 8)

Tim L

I found it by accident about 5 years ago . I subscribed which got my brother-in-law hooked as well as a cousin and a friend . In recent years I have scaled back on subscriptions because I never got around to reading them ,but I kept Sawmill and Woodlot along with Farmshow and the state market bulletin . All others I let lapse. I think with site like ours people are reading the printed word less.
Do the best you can and don't look back

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Well I'll be .... I am missing nine of um, wait maybe only 7 cause I am prety sure the one I got as a gift has three in it .
Them is real good books , I started this one and kept at it every night till it was all taken in .  :P 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

Actually, there are either 11 or 12 of them, depending on how you look at it.  The twelvth is the 40th year anniversary edition, which has highlights of all the rest of them.

I took FarmShow for a long time, but let it get away from me.  Maybe I'll get myself a new subscription for Christmas.  It sure has a heap of good ideas in it!  Some of them were my ideas that somebody thought of and acted upon, instead of just thinking about them like I did. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

thecfarm

I should check again.  ;)  Would like to have them all,but don't need one to tell me what's in the other 11 since I have the others.I do have 11 of them.Missed #11 with the wifes old cards that was piled up in front of #11.#11 looks a alot differant than the others.Noticed I said was.Now all the cards are on the floor for me to pick up.I think I used your name.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Polly

8) 8)        i like no1 and no 2 edition the best you could build a cabin from reading them  :P :P :) 8)

Dale Hatfield

Picked upa copy at TSC yesterday along with  Energy-Saving Ideas  a small booklet By same company .
Fun reading.
Yall have forgot how useful a school bus is lol
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Thank You Sponsors!