midnight snack

Started by Texas Ranger, November 25, 2008, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Why did the gator cross the road?

To take momma a light pork snack.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

I reckon he plans to have a real BBQ, except I thought that beef was the rage for BBQ in Texas.  Us folks over here eat hog meat like that alligator.  He must be from Georgia ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

zopi

was hoping to hear something about roast gator tail...

O'l boy is just doing his part to clean up th' varmints...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Texas Ranger

Danny, out of respect, I will not comment on that Georgia thing.  However, y'all never had any of Florida's ribs, have ya?

WDH

Oh yes I have!!  And, I am not complaining ;D.  They were fine.  I like em both ways :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

T R
Did you take that shot on one of your road trips or field trips?

Pretty respectable size to that one...better'n average size maybe? ?? :o :o
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

I did not take the shot, it came off the coast by one of our game wardens, and circulated through the hunter safety program.  But yeah, about a 12 footer.

semologger

I am glad here in missouri we dont have much critters that bite back. We have a few guys that say they see bears and mountain lions around here but thats far and few beers between. Ive never seen any proof.

LeeB

I came across a big gator like that one night . He was laying across the road down by Sabine Pass. It had been raining real hard and was flooding just a little. The drilling rig I was working on was in dry dock just up the road a few miles. I thought a little gator tail might be right tasty so me like a fool , I grabs a chain out of the back of the truck and was gonna lassou this critter, then drag it to the rig. I just sat there till I got right up to it's head with the chain. That's when it hissed and showed me 45 acres of teeth.  :o I was rat quick deciding to let the thing have the road as long as it wanted.  :D  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tom

Yeah, lassoing a gator would be like the dog that caught the truck.  :D

DanG

But Lee woulda had a great story to tell...if he pulled through. :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

When I read and see things like this that I really appreciate the fact that I was consived this far away from all those teeth ..........  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LeeB

If your ancestors had made their way down south to Louisiana you would be thinking how good all that tail looked for dinner.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

isawlogs

Oh , trust me Lee I know a good peice of tail when I see one . That one there , aint to sure , I would be more then willing to try it out at least once but ya can keep the critter down your way .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

Tastes like chicken, dark meat.

DanG

Woodbowl took some gator tail to the Piggy Roast a couple of years ago, Marcel.  Did you get to try it?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodbowl

Quote from: Texas Ranger on December 05, 2008, 11:55:38 AM
Tastes like chicken, dark meat.

If it does, yall got better tasteing gator than we've got. Wildflower thinks it's better than prime rib. I couldn't keep her from snitching it off the grill. I was beginning to think I was a good cook or something.  After lunch I asked Tom how he liked it. He got a funny look on his face and said, taste like gator.  :D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Texas Ranger

Kinda like rattlesnake, it is an acquired taste, once you get past the concept of eating reptile.

LeeB

I've had it chicken fried, stewed, and bbq'ed. I prefer it bbq'ed with chicken fried running a real close second. You can eat more than just the tail but the rest ain't as good.

isawlogs

Quote from: DanG on December 05, 2008, 12:16:26 PM
Woodbowl took some gator tail to the Piggy Roast a couple of years ago, Marcel.  Did you get to try it?

Well I was about to till that oll Tom said something about it tastin' like Gator .... Now had he said chicken or prime rib , I would of dug rite in dere . But gator sure did not stir too good wit me . So I opted for dem grittzz ,  ;)  No need go any further wit that.............

Marcel

Woodwalker

In the words of a Cajun buddy of mine , "Ya'll know what them gators is skeered of? ........................................ Nothin."
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Wildflower

When woodbowl first told me what it was I was alittle scared to try it... But decided to give it a try. Let me tell you that was some good gator! ;D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Thank You Sponsors!